Didn't feel a thing....

DevinB

I like traffic lights
Also many moons ago, there was a very big slab that fell into the main channel up by Bullfrog. This slab must be about 100 yards long and 30 feet thick. There was a group camped across the river from the fall … nuked them all.

The tsunami this fall created went 90 miles down channel to Wahweep, washing house boats onto the shore.

How long ago did this happen? Would there still be news articles/pics around the internet? Had Gore invented the internet by then?

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
When my brother was in school on the ski program they saw this rock the size of a car fall and land right on top of a volkeswagon bug and smash both people in it flat. This was right in big cottonwood canyon.

dude, I was up there for the ski program too. They started setting up the top floor of the lodge because they didn't think the road was going to re-open that night. We ended up getting down at like 10-11 if i remember right (almost 15 years ago)

Kris K

4x4 Addict!
I got to drive over a fallen rock in one of the canyons over by Gemini Bridges/Bull Canyon (if that's the one that goes up to the bottom of Gemini--I haven't been over there for years) area. It wasn't HUGE, but big enough to do some damage if it hit someone. About the size of the hood of my XJ and about 2-3 ft. thick.

When I drove in, it wasn't there. On my way out, it was. Closest I've come to seeing one 'fall'.

I think someone was trying to get you.:spork:

greenjeep

Cause it's green, duh!
The closest I've come to seeing a fall was a few years ago I was doing tours in Cayonlands and while at Musselman Arch I saw a big dust cloud across the canyon, I was still in the truck so I hadn't heard anything though. I always think how cool it would have been to have seen the rock fall on the road in Long Canyon.

Brett

Meat-Hippy
The closest I've come to seeing a fall was a few years ago I was doing tours in Cayonlands and while at Musselman Arch I saw a big dust cloud across the canyon, I was still in the truck so I hadn't heard anything though. I always think how cool it would have been to have seen the rock fall on the road in Long Canyon.

Now just imagine if you'd been under that rock when it fell. I think that would make even me believe in god. Provided there weren't other rocks that crashed onto me