Diesel block heater Tech

53 willys

Bad speller
So I had my block heater cord short out on my CTD. Problem was I hate the way the cord sticks out the front of the truck and blows in the wind. I think that the cause of the short was from the cord blowing in the wind. When I checked it with my Fluke meter the short was right at the end of the cord.

What I found was some people are using boat charger inlet like this, I mounted mine in the bumper plastic on the drivers side. I love it!!
you can plug the truck in with one hand!! and not worry about getting shocked:rofl: West Marine has a store on 7200 south and state I went and picked mine up from them.

The whole install took less then 45 min.

let me know if you have any questions.

Attachments

• 08475_f.jpg
    08475_f.jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

Meat_

Banned
Pretty cool. I've always just put the plug on mine and stuffed it under the headlight when I'm not using it.

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
Thats one of those things you see and say "now why didn't I think of that?" You should see where GM decided to put the heater cords on the 6.5L Chevy's like mine it's pretty bad. Thanks for the Idea!

53 willys

Bad speller
One of the best parts is plugging it in with one hand while I have a kid in the other hand. :D

plus my truck touches the front of the garage so I need the plug to be on the side but you could put it where ever you wanted.

toys4rocks

I didn't mean to do that!
He he, don't bother going to west marine! I went down there yesterday and picked up the last one. I did warn the guy that he better get a few more instock though................ :D

53 willys

Bad speller
toys4rocks said:
He he, don't bother going to west marine! I went down there yesterday and picked up the last one. I did warn the guy that he better get a few more instock though................ :D

Nice :D