diesel motor

redrock

i have a chance to pick up a jetta with a disel motor, but it has been sitting for about 4 to 5 years, ran when parked. what are some things to do to it to clean the system up?

UTAH

One of the great things about diesel fuel is that it does not evaporate like gas does and then leave a varnish deposit. So... the odds are things like injectors and pumps will be fine.

Now... having said the above... diesel fuel does a good job of holding water and promoting bio growth after it's been sitting for awhile. My advice would be not to run the motor if possible till you can get as much fuel siphoned out of the tank as you can. Then, fill her up with good fuel and some bio-cide. After running that tank out, change out the fuel filter.

VW TDI's are a great car. I've got a '02 TDI GLS Jetta that's been a wonderful car.

Bill :)

redrock

UTAH said:
One of the great things about diesel fuel is that it does not evaporate like gas does and then leave a varnish deposit. So... the odds are things like injectors and pumps will be fine.

Now... having said the above... diesel fuel does a good job of holding water and promoting bio growth after it's been sitting for awhile. My advice would be not to run the motor if possible till you can get as much fuel siphoned out of the tank as you can. Then, fill her up with good fuel and some bio-cide. After running that tank out, change out the fuel filter.

VW TDI's are a great car. I've got a '02 TDI GLS Jetta that's been a wonderful car.

Bill :)
Hey Thanks, yeah for 60 bucks I hate to turn it down for a work car I will do that

Thanks Tony