Diesel Tundra

blznnp

I think it's cool to see the manufactures offering diesels in the 1/2 ton pickups, I wonder what it will do to the price of diesel

Coco

If they would put it in the old body style, I would like it a lot more. I am still trying to get used to the new Tundra body style.

Cascadia

Undecided
I don't believe it. They keep going back and forth on it. As of 3 months ago they had totally scrapped the diesel idea. I was going to wait for one but one of the high up guys at Brent brown said it was definitely a no go.

But if it is true if still like to get one.

O'neal

?????????
Toyota should build their own diesel,to compete with the big three.....then I would be impressed.A v style cummin's??? The inline six is where it's at,just sayin.I would also like to see smaller diesel's in rig's like oversea's but that will never happen.

sLcREX

Formerly Maldito X
I would certainly be interested in one. Been looking at the new body styles but haven't made the jump. But a lot can happen in 2 years, especially since it's not officially confirmed.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Toyota should build their own diesel,to compete with the big three.....then I would be impressed.A v style cummin's??? The inline six is where it's at,just sayin.I would also like to see smaller diesel's in rig's like oversea's but that will never happen.

Toyota has a variety of viable diesel engines in markets outside the US between their Toyota and Hino offerings. The V8 turbo diesel (also available as a twin-turbo in the 200 Series) 1VDFTV is a rock solid motor, very smooth operation and while it isn't a 'big 3' style diesel it is more fuel efficient and thusfar reliability seems on par with a Toyota product.

IMG_0289 (Small).JPG

Tried to smuggle this one home in my luggage :D

Spork

Tin Foil Hat Equipped
I had an old LUV diesel a while back and was getting about 35mpg. (4-wheel drive, 225/75/15 tires) I would love something smaller that got great fuel economy again.