Dirt bike options for an 11 year old

Rusted

Let's Ride!
Supporting Member
My kids are growing and we need to step up our bike sizes.

The 9 year old girl is ready to graduate from the CR50 take over her brothers XR70, and my son needs to go to something larger.

Both of my kids now have 1 year of experience of very easy trail riding, both still need to grow his confidence. So their 1 year of experience is pretty soft experience. Most of the time my kids ride it is a family event so we ride as slow as the cautious girl on a 50 can go, which is slow. Most of their time has been on wide and smooth mountain roads or in Delle Utah where things are smooth as well.

I am thinking of a TTR90 for my son. I don't think he is ready for a clutch lever, so I am hoping for something he can shift with his foot only. Also I am hoping to stick with 4-stroke bikes. Do you have any feedback on the TTR90? What else is similar that I should consider for a skinny 11 year old boy, who trail rides and has light experience?

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
I have none with the ttr90, but both the ttr125 and ttr230 are excellent learning bikes. Very user friendly.. Or chick bikes, as I say.
I imagine the 90 carries those characteristics also.
I say have him sit in the 125. If he fits he would have a much longer window of tine before needing another bike

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
^^ what Russ said. I'm guilty of always buying bikes that are too small. There is almost no difference in size between the 70 and a 90. Even the TTR 110 isn't a big step up from his 70. Xr100 or even an XR 80 would be a great next step.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk