Dirt Bike riding tips & tricks

GAR

haha, that was great. Next ride, we're going to bike hucking! just need a super steep hill...

sixstringsteve

hey steve can i test ride your bike..

I hear you invented the bike-chicking phenomenon. :D

We're going riding this Thursday, you should come.

Hey Greg, is it possible to powerslide with a trials tire? I feel like I have too much grip to let it slide well.

Last edited:

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin

Hey Greg, is it possible to powerslide with a trials tire? I feel like I have too much grip to let it slide well.

Yeah, but it can be a little unpredictable with the lack of knobs down the side of the tire. I've played with sliding my WR450 with a trials tire and it feels like you could lay the bike down pretty pretty easy, if you're not careful.

i was practice sliding mine yesterday:) its fun but i need to get more comfortable on the bike before i practice slidding too much more

Nice James! What are you riding?

Greg

Admin
watch all of this

[video=youtube;4FILFkHr02g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FILFkHr02g[/video]

Finally got a chance to watch all 49 minutes! Those guys are amazing... very skilled!

It's pretty crazy how much difference preloading makes while riding, I guess I've never thought about it that much. I would really love to spend hours practicing and working on those techniques they've outlined, plus getting better at my clutching & throttling. I'll have to try remember those things next time I have the bike out.

sixstringsteve

Finally got a chance to watch all 49 minutes! Those guys are amazing... very skilled!

It's pretty crazy how much difference preloading makes while riding, I guess I've never thought about it that much. I would really love to spend hours practicing and working on those techniques they've outlined, plus getting better at my clutching & throttling. I'll have to try remember those things next time I have the bike out.

You need to try trials for a month. These guys look like trials riders on mx bikes. I wish I could ride like this.

sixstringsteve

I'm not a good rider by any stretch, but I am 5x better after having ridden trials for a bit. The whole weighting/unweighting, and using the clutch changed everything for me. I still have a ton to learn, but it made a huge difference.

Greg

Admin
I'm not a good rider by any stretch, but I am 5x better after having ridden trials for a bit. The whole weighting/unweighting, and using the clutch changed everything for me. I still have a ton to learn, but it made a huge difference.

I could totally see that and would love to spend some time on a Trials bike for just that reason.

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
Derek, This would solve your down hill right turn problem!

[video=youtube;3VC5vqc3byU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VC5vqc3byU[/video]

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
In my half delusional and incoherent state at about 3:00am this morning I wanted to wrap my legs around my pillow, so I pre-loaded my knees for the best results... Then I was proud of myself because I knew no one else would be able to pre-load their knees as well as I did!