Dirt bike titles?

sLcREX

Formerly Maldito X
I have been wanting to get into dirt bikes. I have a friend that has a yz450f that he bought but never got around to registering it under his name out of pure negligence. So now he says he doesn't know what ended up happening to the title and it just sits there collecting dust.

It it looks like a solid bike and I would be willing to put in the work to get a new title for it, but I was just wondering if any of you have gone through the legwork of doing that before?

Many years ago I bought a car with no title but I was able to go down to the DMV with pictures of the vehicle, VIN and a bill of sale from the guy that sold it to me and I got a new title for it. Is that still the process today? From anyone that's done it recently?

If no one knows I'll probably just end up going down to the DMV to get the information.

broncomitch

dont be a sheep in a jeep
I just went through this,I got a bike with no bill of sale and no title. figured I would get a title before I rebuilt my bike then find out its stolen. Lol

I got a cop to run a vin check and then took that paperwork and the dmv new title request (got off there website) to the dmv and a week later I got my title. Total cost with registration was $43

zukijames

yup .. just bought our 4th bike with no title.. and one had a wyoming title( had to do all the same stuff as no title) not a big deal vin inspection, paper work, pictures if it has never been registered in utah.

sLcREX

Formerly Maldito X
Thanks guys, I'll see if I can grab the vin from him to get a run on it first just to make sure nothing shady going on. If so then I'll see about getting that bike, maybe he'll cut me a deal on it too since he has no title lol