Dismounting and Mounting a Tire in the Garage

R

rockdog

You forgot to flame me about hav'en weany arms :rolleyes: Your slippen in your old age. :rofl: :rofl:

Todd Adams

Grammy's Spotter
Shawn,
Very good demo. Looks very similar to my tire training video. I would suggest one thing however and that is the use of Murphy’s soap (tire demounting and mounting product). It will make it much easier to mount and dismount the tire from the rim as well as help prevent bead damage. Another producct I use to remount tires is Frylube. Both products can be bought at Myers tire supply on 3rd west. Well worth the $10 or so investment.
Also a word of warning, stay clear of the tire when airing it up.
Todd
PS they also have tie irons and bead breaking irons that help. I love the bead breaker I bought from them. No more driving on the tires to break the bead.

Caleb

Shawn said:
Just think what I could do to a 39" IROK................. :eek:

whats funny is, I mounted and unmounted my SXs no problem, but I fought my Iroks all day (literally) and only got one of them on...decided it was worth my time to go pay 4WPW $12 to throw them on...

Nice write-up though...:cool:

Andy

aka. Hollywood
Good effort Shawn!(applause) Now do that to a swamper that's been mounted for a while. I just got a tire buster and life is alot easier, and in your case alot cleaner. :D

Andy

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
looks rough!
i will be doing this soon, so it seems you are reading my mind by posting this :ugh:
sad to hear that iroks are hard to mount :(

O'neal

?????????
Shawn said:
Man.......... Thanks for all the support :rolleyes: This will be my last write up.

Awww come on....I thought you did a great job,I tried it once and got my butt whooped.I did get a chuckle from this thread though :rofl:

hammerhead

Junkyard Dog
Shawn said:
Man.......... Thanks for all the support :rolleyes: This will be my last write up.
Awe, come on dude, if yer tough 'nough to bust tires you should be able to handle a little ribbin'... ;)

Seriously though, the aforementioned Murphees works great.

NAPA has a $60 slide hammer type bead breaker that works pretty good. I usually throw it on the trailer or in the tow rig whenever I leave the neighborhood... It saved my butt once out on the road too.

Underdog

Looks good, back when I lived in Zambia there would be local kids (9-12 years old) that would post themselves by potholes (these are African potholes) and do exactly this, for a small price.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Hey, it's a good thread. Myself and a couple of friends put my 40" MTRs on my H2 wheels. It sucked, but worked OK. I didn't need to go to the gym that day. :D

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
hahah Shawn, you're such a stud hahahah

This is a good thread. It's not that hard to do, and very handy on the trail. Or the highway. Or the middle of the desert, etc. ;)