Disrespected at WOTR 2011

EB101

Travis in his sweet Toy PU, with odds and ends about to fall off and character everywhere got a trophy for Ugliest Rig! Now that's respect!
Here's a respectable rig:
DSCF3122.jpg

Then they took nominations for Prettiest Rig. It started with Denis' gorgeous new Teraflex rig, then another, neither were there. Then some un-named so-called friends of mine (Dirt cough, cough, Hedz) started yelling about Steve's Bronco! That was it, the gavel came down and Steve's Bronco took home the trophy of shame.

Other than the great shame, it was an awesome event! Thanks to everyone that put it on.
Friday was a picture perfect day. I got to take my niece and her 2 kids out for their first rock crawl and they had a blast!
Saturday there was a light drizzle all day long. No dust and the sand was a perfect!
Here's some of our pics from Slip Lock Gulch and Milt's Mile.

[youtube]tlXbtd-BNjY[/youtube]

DSCF3141.jpg

DSCF3145.jpg

DSCF3156.jpg

DSCF3180.jpg

DSCF3187.jpg

DSCF3196.jpg

DSCF3212.jpg

DSCF3229.jpg

SAM_2451.jpg

SAM_2486.jpg

SAM_2497.jpg

SAM_2514.jpg

SAM_2517.jpg

SAM_2547.jpg

SAM_2550.jpg

SAM_2556.jpg

SAM_2585.jpg

SAM_2484.jpg

What's wrong with this picture?:
DSCF3197.jpg

Bear T

Tacoma free since '93
What a great weekend. That sure is a pretty bronco Steve. Glad the award went to a real rig instead of a trailer queen, not that Dennis's pretty blue jeep isn't nice.

EB101

Toyota under jeep? hysteer baby!
Yep, Toy tie rod folded up under his Jeep. That's ABHauler's Jeep. A funny story about this talented builder. Hopefully I've got most of my facts right.

Last year in St.George, the first day out he blew his automatic on the Maze. Chev tranny in his Runner that is. When he was being towed out his rig rolled and crushed the roof and windshield. He finally got back to the fair grounds and in no time had a new tranny lined up. Three hours later he had the new tranny in, his broken glass cleaned up and was ready for the next day. Well, His dad died recently and Dwayne came to own the jeep that he'd worked on for some time. Just a few short weeks ago it still had stock axles under it. He slid the Toy running gear under it, mated to the existing Chev 4.3 and I think a th350. Bolted on his re-centered humvee wheels and in the next breath he was back to wheel at WOTR.

All that being said, he was hoping the toy steering linkage would hold for one more trip and it didn't. Right in the trail where it folded, he pulled it and straightened it. It didn't even take one easy turn before it doubled up again. So somebody donated a highlift handle and he sleeved it up. That held and he made it out without any more grief. That night he made a permanent repair and was back to wheel again the next day.

Dwayne's a hell of a nice guy and fun to wheel with. I'm looking forward to the next time.
-Steve

Just so you know we love having Travis around, he always keeps us entertained and all and all is a great guy! Glad to see so many people come down, all the hard work makes it worth it to see people enjoy the trails we have down here.

jjamesyj

Sorry Steve.... Lol I just couldnt stand by and watch them Give that trophy without eaven nominating the ol bronco... Had a great time wheeling with ya we will see you soon at jeep safari

EB101

How do you keep the body of your Bronco so nice doing stuff like that? I'm jealous!:D
Well, It's actually a 50 footer. My yard is littered with discarded yellow body panels. I've been stealing from my other project. So far, a grill, 2 fenders, a tailgate, and I have repaired them all more than once. Straightened the windshield frame and the hood at least 2x. I keep a rattle can of black and at least a quart of yellow on hand. A little armor in the right places helps too.

I picked up some fine new pin striping in St.George. Here's a few more pics from Julie Pengilley

The yellow hides a lot of problems, the stripes across that back armor started forward of the wheel well.

The Blue JK was one of the rigs that should have taken the prize it's absolutely amazing.
There's also a couple more shots of Dwayne's jeep.

BTW, Julie Pengilley took more than 300 pictures in those 2 days. She posted a bunch in the forums on SextonOffroad.com and said all her WOTR pictures are on Facebook.

-Steve

Attachments

• Steve_StClair_0003.jpg
    Steve_StClair_0003.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 23
  • IMGP1628.jpg
    IMGP1628.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 42
  • IMGP1620.jpg
    IMGP1620.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 29
  • IMGP1533.jpg
    IMGP1533.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 26
  • IMGP1466.jpg
    IMGP1466.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 22

Samuraiman

Sand Pile
Yep, Toy tie rod folded up under his Jeep. That's ABHauler's Jeep. A funny story about this talented builder. Hopefully I've got most of my facts right.

Last year in St.George, the first day out he blew his automatic on the Maze. Chev tranny in his Runner that is. When he was being towed out his rig rolled and crushed the roof and windshield. He finally got back to the fair grounds and in no time had a new tranny lined up.
I think I hooked him up with a used trans for a deal? Is it still working? He told me the whole story about the roll etc.. while he was rolling around underneath his rig. I was almost crying because I was laughing at him so hard. That was a good time!

abhaulr1

Bush Eaters
Its a different trans, the one i got from you is with the running gear out of my4runner and is now in my wifes 95 runner. Yes its still working great. Along with the trans that i got from Samuraiman, he brought me a trans jack. Along with many others that stopped by in the parking lot of the motel offering help or a cold beer. I want to give a big shout out to all the people that helped me sat nite! Thanks again!! I'll see ya all out on the trail.
Dwayne

abhaulr1

Bush Eaters
I want to give a big shout out to Scott for allowing me to work on my jeep friday nite at his house, the food was good and having all the help there was great!! Thanks to all the help, Bear, Steve, Nick, Lowell, Jesse and Lowell's buddy....sorry i cant remember his name. :rofl:

Hope to see you all and then some on the trail.

Dwayne

Attachments

• Imgp1466a.jpg
    Imgp1466a.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 9