DIY Beadlocks

Bones

Got a set from Bobby Long (Longfields) last week. They are pretty typical in the DIY lock department. Thing I liked about them over others is the inner ring sit inside the wheel lip and not on the outside edge, and it has a 1/4-3/8" ring around it to prevent the outer ring from coning in much. Also it's $75 SHIPPED per wheel :cool: He only offers std. hex bolts (which I prefer anyway) and nutcerts. Welded up all 5 wheels in 3-4 hours and painted and siliconed the weld Sat. night.

Mounted them up last night. Very simple and straight forward. No leaks as off this morning anyway.

Pics are here

Bobby Long Super Axles
Graham, WA
253-843-0551 to order
253-847-8254 for tech

rockrat

Bones said:
Got a set from Bobby Long (Longfields) last week. They are pretty typical in the DIY lock department. Thing I liked about them over others is the inner ring sit inside the wheel lip and not on the outside edge, and it has a 1/4-3/8" ring around it to prevent the outer ring from coning in much. Also it's $75 SHIPPED per wheel :cool: He only offers std. hex bolts (which I prefer anyway) and nutcerts. Welded up all 5 wheels in 3-4 hours and painted and siliconed the weld Sat. night.

Mounted them up last night. Very simple and straight forward. No leaks as off this morning anyway.

Pics are here

Bobby Long Super Axles
Graham, WA
253-843-0551 to order
253-847-8254 for tech

Hey Bones,, Couldnt,, get that guy to make a set off the cad pro I gave ya

Bones

rockrat said:
Hey Bones,, Couldnt,, get that guy to make a set off the cad pro I gave ya
:mad: Nope, that guy was my bro-in-law. He tends to burn bridges and guess what? He did it again :ugh: Oh well, $375 for 5 sets of locks to my door IMO is a great deal.

rockrat

Bones said:
:mad: Nope, that guy was my bro-in-law. He tends to burn bridges and guess what? He did it again :ugh: Oh well, $375 for 5 sets of locks to my door IMO is a great deal.

Yep thats an excelent deal, I just got another order of steal in and we are going to try and start knocking them out on the mill...