DJ traction bar brackets

Jeremed

I have a 94 YJ. I was thinking of using some brackets call DJ traction bar mounts to make some axle wrap bars. They mount on the side of the frame with heim joints then Dom to another heim and to a tab on the front side of the rear axle. Almost like a lower link for the rear axle. Worried about limiting my flex.Anyone ever use these?

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
a bar with a single point on the axle is not a real solution for controlling axle wrap. the type of bar most people run, like the one cheepin posted in your other thread is best. they are easy to build and if designed/setup correctly will not limit flex. both my jeeps have had them and both used all the shock shaft i had to give and wanted more. 13" on the old one and 9" on the current one (cause it's little)

cheepin

I did a 2 point traction bar on my last CJ-7 with fullwidth chevy axles and FLAT YJ rear springs.But I had the shackle mounted at a steep angle and the bar mount on the axle leaned back a bunch.This set up was for all drop not much up travel.Did it limit the articulation?Probably, but I stilll had plenty for most situations. That being said I like my other setup better.