DJI FPV Motion Controller Test

muleskinner

We went for a drive today and I took my new DJI FPV drone along to test out the motion controller. I've flown it around the farmland behind my house, but never in the mountains or different types of terrain. Flying FPV with goggles is incredibly cool! Overall its very fun and intuitive, but it will take a little practice to get smooth video. Most of the video the drone is traveling at 60 mph.

This is the motion controller https://dronedj.com/2021/03/10/djis-motion-controller-for-its-fpv-drone-is-intuitive-to-a-point/

muleskinner

Man, You do some cool stuff!

Bring that to Bronco Safari!
:p
I need one of these in my life, that’s pretty rad
It's a blast to fly, I only flew my Mavic Air 2 once yesterday.
How does the wind/up drafts affect the flying?
It's amazing, in the last clip in that video it was extremely windy. If you watch when I am heading back towards the end, as I cross the mountain top into the tree area it flares a little from the wind coming up the mountain. Those pink pinnacles were a mile from where I took off from the highway.

The only problem I found with the wind and the motion controller was that I couldn't level it out completely with the single axis gimbal.

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
Those are pretty sweet!

Where was the first video shot? Incredible area that I think I need to end up exploring sometime. :D