Do telezapers still work?

cowmilker

SUPER CHEESY
I am fed up with my phone ringing all day long (half the time it interupts my online conection) from these telemarketers wanting to set an apiontment for someone to come put in a water filter, or put in windows or siding, lets not forget I'm pre-approved for the best credit card on earth (I know my credit sucks)! I am on graveyard this week and I have been lucky enough to have my wife take the kids and leave (or lock them out of the bedroom), but I still can't get any sleep because the GD phone wont stop ringing (I kinda don't have the option to just turn the phone off, I'm on call).

I have been thinking about getting a Telezapper, but I wonder if the computers that generate these calls have been upgraded to go around these things yet.
Does anyone still have one of these, and do any telemarketing calls slip by it?
Should I invest in one? (I actualy might be able to steal one for free from my inlaws who have turned off thier home phone and don;t need it anymore.)

Jeeptj98

cowmilker said:
I am fed up with my phone ringing all day long (half the time it interupts my online conection) from these telemarketers wanting to set an apiontment for someone to come put in a water filter, or put in windows or siding, lets not forget I'm pre-approved for the best credit card on earth (I know my credit sucks)! I am on graveyard this week and I have been lucky enough to have my wife take the kids and leave (or lock them out of the bedroom), but I still can't get any sleep because the GD phone wont stop ringing (I kinda don't have the option to just turn the phone off, I'm on call).

I have been thinking about getting a Telezapper, but I wonder if the computers that generate these calls have been upgraded to go around these things yet.
Does anyone still have one of these, and do any telemarketing calls slip by it?
Should I invest in one? (I actualy might be able to steal one for free from my inlaws who have turned off thier home phone and don;t need it anymore.)

how about for a first step get on the DO NOT CALL REGISTRY!!

Caleb

I know you can also get a thing from qwest that tells the telemarketers to hang-up if they are soliciting anything. My in-laws have it and while it's annoying cause you have to push "1" to get past it, it does stop ALL telemarketing calls. It's an added service so you have to call them to get it.

olywrestle

Duct Tape
Supergper said:
I know you can also get a thing from qwest that tells the telemarketers to hang-up if they are soliciting anything. My in-laws have it and while it's annoying cause you have to push "1" to get past it, it does stop ALL telemarketing calls. It's an added service so you have to call them to get it.
called No solicitation $6.95 per month
there is a preferred callers list you can set up to have certain people bypass the "1"

Add your number to the Do Not call registry www.donotcall.gov or 1-888-382-1222

Caleb

also if you call the same number (like I call my in-laws, who have it) several times in a certain amount of time it will automatically put your number on that list. For some reason it won't do it with cell phone numbers though.