Do we need a quick lesson on setting up RME email addresses?

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Who needs to be helped with setting up their new RME email addresses? If anyone needs the help, we can run thru the steps needed to get your new email account up & running with your favorite email client. Outlook, Thunderbird, etc...

Anyone need help?

Meat_

Banned
Prolly wouldn't hurt, as for me I just need the addies.... I could assume and prolly be right, but.....

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Hickey said:
http://sea.search.msn.com/dnserror.aspx?FORM=DNSAS&q=www.mail.rockymountainextreme.com

:confused:

I feel dumb. I don't know jack about email. I have a yahoo account that I always use. Learn me.

You'll need to use an e-mail client......Outlook, Outlook Express, Thunderbird, etc......

Go to your 'accounts' section where you set up information for an SMTP, IMAP or POP3 server and enter mail.rockymountainextreme.com for your server connection. You will need to authenticate using your username/password that Greg gave you.

Here's a quick step by step in Outlook Express 6 (friendly note: serious security issues and a big pile of dung, honestly, but it works most of the time)

Tools-Accounts-Add-Mail
Display name = whatever you want to display in a recipients window (I use Marc Bryson, but you could get a little more creative, like 'The Hickster', 'Hickalyzer', 'Hickaroonie', etc.)
Email address= xxxx@rockymountainextreme.com (xxxx as a mathematic variable representing your username, not your favorite movie type)
Email Server names= Incoming Mail (POP3 or IMAP), Outgoing mail (SMTP) are both "mail.rockymountainextreme.com" (no quotes)

enter your authentication info and you should be good to go......(I can never remember my password so I just get the mail on my Groupwise account at work :embarassed: )

embabe

My own epidemic!
Yup, looks like it! I'm running Outlook express. I'm not sure if it matters or not, but when it asks for user name I put my entire e-mail address instead of just embabe. I ran a tester and it seems to work like a charm! :)

?JMAMA

Formerly YJMAMA
Stupid Question....?

Can eksjae an I both have outlook accounts on the same computer? I have set them both up and I keep getting a password error. :confused:

embabe

My own epidemic!
I think it should work as long as you have the user names set up seperately. Oh-- and where it says username not just eksjae or xjmama-- make sure it's "user"@rockymountainextreme.com. My outlook express gave me trouble until I figured that one out. :rolleyes: Hope it helps! ;) :)