do you still read 4X4 rags?

Do you still read 4X4 Rags?

• yes...they are my only form of scripture in life.

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • No, I hate them, they are useless.

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Yes, but only until my Subs run out.

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • No, they just pile up next to the toilet.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, but I am not completely sure I want to keep reading them

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • No......I am illiterate.

Votes: 2 9.1%

• Total voters

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
I have long since let me subscriptions run out. I just got tired of absorbing the whole magazine in 15 minutes after having waiting a month for it. all the information just seemed to be repetitive and boring. opinions?

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
I just got to the point where I read my monthly fix too fast. There is so much more information on the net now that it makes a magazine almost obselete. They must have felt a serious hit when people migrated to various online magazines. I spend most of my tech time on POR and my local tech/trail rides on here. I bounce around to different sites but mostly Stay away from Rags. Ocassionally I pick up a magazine and flip through it realizing that I saw all this tech and innovation on POR 2 months ago....old NEWS!! I really think Magazines are struggling to find things of interest anymore. the Recent shift back to showtrucks is disturbing also. The only reason I would flip through the showtruck articles was to see the editors make the poor sap drive 3000 hours of polishing through a mud hole :) My subscription money now goes to AT&T broadband... :)

SmokinCamel

Went from 80" to 125" :)
The thing about today's is that it is all about the new SUV's and how well they are all around. Somethingn that is totally useless to us. Then there are the areas about how to upgrade a bolt that is in the steering and you would have to pull the engine just to do it. And of course thye have to have this extremly lifted truck that has nothing to do with four wheeling. The cover sould have action and lots of pics. I'd be happy if that was all it was. There is no S U V in 4 wheeling. Unless you build it up. Then we are talkin. I will read one if Im board or if ther is anything exciting to read. I just bum my friend's

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I agree w/ Spence. To little quality content and most of the stuff is old news.

Plus, with online sites anyone can be the Editor! You can write your own ideas, views and vent-away!! (For some reason my views are slightly Biased in the Mag vs. Online Forums argument)

BlackSheep

baaaaaaaaaad to the bone
Supporting Member
Spence,
Your choices don't cover me. I currently have 3 subscriptions to 4x4 mags. JP mag, 4 wheel & off road, FourWheeler. Fourwheeler is going to expire, and I'll let it but I'll probably keep the other two.

My choice would be: Yes, They fill a certain niche for my tastes.

Are they gospel, obviously not, but I do enjoy some of the articles. I try to surf the net as much as possible, but sometimes I have difficulties getting on the net.

jd

Wanker Delux

The Other Greg
Originally posted by rustybronco
The net doesn't seem to fit in my bronco or on the plane. Until then, gotta have something.

I don't know about you, but my net seems to fit in my pocket quite nicely:

SK_RME.jpg

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
Originally posted by Wanker Delux

helz yeah that is what I'm talking about. if I didn't have AT&T wireless I would totally have one of those sidekicks!!

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Originally posted by Wanker Delux

Oh man... I would never leave the forums if I had one of those. :eek:

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
I still get JP, Petersen's, and 4wheel$sport utility. I have been getting a little bored with them lately, but I spend a lotta time in different states, so they help with the urges a little. Oh yeah, and I subscribe just for the pictures. I'm not one of those guys that tell you... " Iget it for the articles" ... oh were we talking about playboy?

MD11Fr8Dog

Fa Shizzle my Dizzle
Originally posted by WayneXJ

:D I keep a stack next to the toylet

Hehehe, my wife gave me a really nice wicker basket for Christmas to put next to the throne to hold my mags, catalogs and factory manuals! :D

View from the throne :rolleyes: :

IMG_9858.JPG

Last edited:

MD11Fr8Dog

Fa Shizzle my Dizzle
Originally posted by Jeremy
You're married? Tht just seems very unlikely with your schedule.:eek:

Hehehe, I'm home at least 2-2 1/2 wks every month, and when I'm home I'm home 24/7!! Plus on vacation months, I can sometimes get the whole month off. I've been off since Mon, and have ALL of Feb (but I did pick up an extra trip next week - a 7 day trip, with commercial deadheads on the front and back, that operates one leg Lajes, Azores to McGuire AFB, that I will be gone from home for only 3 1/2 days!:D ) and hope to arrange my March sched to be gone only towards the end of the month! In fact, I'm thnking of bidding the SLC trips with 2 day weekend layovers!!

In any case, my wife is NYC till tomorrow!!:(