Dodge Mega Cab on Elephant Hill

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
I'm taking a trip down to Beef Basin here in a little while and a buddy of mine wants to come along in his Dodge Mega Cab. Usually I come out of Beef Basin via Bobby's Hole and then Elephant Hill. I'm really wondering about one spot, the Squeeze after SOB Hill. Anyone taken a full sized truck through that? I know Hummers have made it no problem, but they are not as long. Just curious if that will be an issue.

DAA

I had a mega cab for about five years. Never took it on that route. But would have to think the Z turn will be a PITA at best for him.

- DAA

leemastergt

I know my uncle had his Mega Cab on Elephant hill about 6 yrs ago... He must have gone through that squeeze, but I can't remember it. I would think that means he didn't have any problems. :D He did smash his huge exhaust a few times and dinged up a couple of other places. So hopefully your friend doesn't have a problem with a few marks.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Basic modified TJ perspective....
IMG_0905.JPG

My full width front axle with H2 wheels (I assume your MegaCab axle width will be almost identical if not narrower?)
IMG_0929.JPG

This mog axled JK had a bit of a tough time through there. I had to steer him through as he was climbing the walls and about to sacrifice his top a couple times
EH-8.JPG

DAA

If H1's fit the Ram will too. I think mine was about 83" outside tire to tire on 35x12.50's. There is one turn on Devils Lane I'd be more concerned with.

- DAA