Dodging a bullet...

PierCed_3

I drive Frankenstein!!
I put my car up for sale 7 days ago (71 Olds Cutlass "S" Custom) and I had a call on it yesterday. As soon as the guy said "I'm call in regards to your olds" my heart sunk. The whole time I was talking to him all I could think was "don't sell it". I could hardly talk to him without stuttering every word. This car was my first, I had to put it together to get it to run when I bought it. Well, it was running but it didn't have a front end :). I have tons of memorys in this car and I just decided that I can't let it go.

Now comes the hard part, telling the guy with the money in hand that he can't take my baby. He is so excited to get it and I just can't go through with it. I hope he takes it ok, if he doesn't.. ohh well. I'm not going to part with it. Hopefully one day when I get my garage built I can start working on it and get it going again. It is in the process of getting a frame up restoration. I hope to restore it with my boy and see him take it to his prom.. first date, late night drags... like I did!

Have any of you ever sold something you regret selling?

here's a pic of what it could look like when it's done, I am going to paint it silver with black racing stripes :D.

m442.gif

Last edited:

rxcarl5

man I could go on for a long time on cars that I have sold that I miss. Their are two that really stick out in my mind though. One was my high school car which was a fully restored 69 camaro. I had a brain fart one day and let that one slip out of my hands.
The worst one of them all was my 1953 chevy belair. I sold that car to get a wedding ring worst mistake of my life. To make it even better I broke it off with the girl 2 weeks later. And I have to drive by the car every day on my way home from work and the guy wont sell it back to me.
I definitely say keep the car, you wont regret it when it is all said and done.

JoeT

My '89 Chevy S-10 Baja :( & '90 VW Corrado and my 96 WaveRaider. Bought another 90 Corrado last year but probably will sell it soon.:(

Badcop

Who Dat? Who Der?
1989 5.0 GT Mustang, 302 HO, dark blue on silver ground effects, baught it just as I joined the military and carried it through to 2 different bases before selling it when I got married, almost cired.

1995 Toyota Tacoma, baught it brand new when I got back from Turkey, never did a thing in the line of modification, loved that little truck, had to sell it when we had our first, miss it still to today.

57cj-5

My first car was a '49 CJ 2A.

I drove it to school everyday. I got sick of getting rained on and sold it. It was all stock and the body was perfect, no rust. I got it for $800 bucks when I had just turned 15. I spent the year working on it and had it driving by the time I turned 16.

I kick myself everytime I see a flatfender. My dad is also bothered by the memory, and just bought a '46 to help ease the pain of it all -_-

chadr

I was on my last quarter of College and didn't have enough money to buy my books. I had a Ruger 357 magnum that had a stainless steel barrel that was the sweetest shooting gun imaginable, but I didn't want to take out a loan. I sold it to a buddy of mine. About a year later, I asked him if he would sell it back to him and he wouldn't. He loved it and didn't want to part with it either. I would like to get another just like it someday.

PierCed_3

I drive Frankenstein!!
I just told the guy that I wasn't going to sell it he then doubled the price I was asking.. I said no again and then he TRIPLED the price I was asking! Yeah, I am keepin it. Then he told me he only wanted the rims and the steering wheel and he was going to part the rest out. I feel better for having not sold it.

Bone Down

rxcarl5 said:
man I could go on for a long time on cars that I have sold that I miss. Their are two that really stick out in my mind though. One was my high school car which was a fully restored 69 camaro. I had a brain fart one day and let that one slip out of my hands.
The worst one of them all was my 1953 chevy belair. I sold that car to get a wedding ring worst mistake of my life. To make it even better I broke it off with the girl 2 weeks later. And I have to drive by the car every day on my way home from work and the guy wont sell it back to me.
I definitely say keep the car, you wont regret it when it is all said and done.

^^^^^^^^^^^^
has some nice cars still... I can only imagine what that belair looked like and/or the camaro.

SlickWillie21

Comfortably Numb
it shocked me when you said you were going to sell it....i am glad your not now!! good man, have fun with the build up; and if you need help give me a ring!