Does anyone have Knoppix?

PierCed_3

I drive Frankenstein!!
I need to download it but every site I go to has 3 billion downloads and I want to make sure I download the right thing. I need it ASAP, my computer crashed and it has all of my family pics on it. Darn NTOSKRNL.exe!

Caleb

yeah, just make sure to get the english and the correct platform, probably i386...even though knoppix is usually german anyways you can still boot it into english.

EDIT: just looked and the one Spork downloaded is still the most recent one.

Last edited:

Caleb

did you get this? If you haven't been able to yet then if you want you can PM your address and I'll drop a set of Ubuntu CDs in the mail. They come with both a live CD and an install CD. My Work has been offering them to people to get them to switch from Windows so I grabbed a couple.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Supergper said:
did you get this? If you haven't been able to yet then if you want you can PM your address and I'll drop a set of Ubuntu CDs in the mail. They come with both a live CD and an install CD. My Work has been offering them to people to get them to switch from Windows so I grabbed a couple.

I sent in a request to Ubuntu and got a whole bunch for free disk (like the ones you have) in the mail. :cool:

Caleb

Herzog said:
I sent in a request to Ubuntu and got a whole bunch for free disk (like the ones you have) in the mail. :cool:

yeah, I think thats what my company did...it's Ubuntu's Shipit program right? Pretty cool of Ubuntu to offer that.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Supergper said:
yeah, I think thats what my company did...it's Ubuntu's Shipit program right? Pretty cool of Ubuntu to offer that.

Yup! I passed a few copies off to some co-workers. Pretty slick packaging too.