Dolores Triangle

kkemp

I just got back from Moab from doing the Dolores Triangle camp out trip with the Red Rock 4 Wheelers Club. It basically started just north of Gateway Colorado and went probably 90 miles of almost never traveled back roads until we ended up at Dewey Bridge. We camped out on Steamboat Mesa. It was mainly a senic trip. There was a real variety of terrain including some damn steep hills on the side of a cliff with some off camber spots that you felt like one more degree would send you over and down a canyon. We really covered a lot of miles and hardly ever stopped except to strap someone. I didn't get a whole lot of pics. Moabrangler from this group was also on this trip. The think he managed to get more pix than me. At least I hope. It was a tiring but fun trip. Ber Knight, the leader was just a great guide. He constantly gave us info about the trip and history of the area over the CB. there was a bunch of great people we met on the trip too. About half were from Colorado and the other half from Utah.

The River in the pix is the Delores River.

Kevin

Attachments

• 117_1754.JPG
    117_1754.JPG
    74.2 KB · Views: 46
  • 117_1755.JPG
    117_1755.JPG
    131.9 KB · Views: 24
  • 117_1761.JPG
    117_1761.JPG
    59.3 KB · Views: 32
  • 117_1762.JPG
    117_1762.JPG
    168.6 KB · Views: 37
  • 117_1763.JPG
    117_1763.JPG
    86.1 KB · Views: 41
  • 117_1764.JPG
    117_1764.JPG
    56.2 KB · Views: 75
  • 117_1770.JPG
    117_1770.JPG
    99.8 KB · Views: 49

TimB

Homesick
I've done that trip several times with Ber - the first time without stopping for the night. You need a tough butt to keep up with Ber. Looks like the river was up some for the time of year.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Cool pics & report! That looks like a fun route. Gateway is a cool town, did you guys check out the Auto Museum? We were there 2 weeks ago, the drive down there from Grand Junction is amazing.

kkemp

We just passed though Gateway. Ber Knight told us a bit about the place. Interesting place. There was a bike race going on at the time.

We had so many miles to cover, we hardly ever stopped.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Bump from the past...

Any more details on the trail? Estimated rating? Good camping? Worth the drive? Tamerisk & pin striping?

A couple of us are considering doing DT of the Labor Day Campout and I would love some more info. Could my Tacoma do it without damage? Funner in an open top rig?

TIA

newtoy

How hard is the trail? Do you think that I would make it in basicly a stock 4runner with just a rear locker? I am thinking of going on the Labor day camp out and running this trail but I don't want to get in over my head.

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
Bump from the past...

Any more details on the trail? Estimated rating? Good camping? Worth the drive? Tamerisk & pin striping?

A couple of us are considering doing DT of the Labor Day Campout and I would love some more info. Could my Tacoma do it without damage? Funner in an open top rig?

TIA

RR4W's say its a 3 1/2 and they run it as an overnight trail, so I would assume its got decent camping. I am also planning on running this over Labor Day, so that would be cool.