Don't Like Hearing The Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
jeepelements said:
I'm not going to call Parker they screwed up on there welding and i'm not going to give them the time of day to fix this they can't punch the old tubes out and i want the axle done right that is why i went to TERA because they know what they are doing

OK....so this thread is locked. Parker has gone WAY above and beyond, IMHO.

Please don't start another one regarding this due to your unwillingness to let a vendor try to work things out with you and let this issue DIE.

E

Elements

No names, If you take a axle to a shop and have them do some work for you and they mess up on the axle and they can't admit they messed up would you.
1. take it back to them and have them work on it agian after they have had it for a month
2. Get opinions on what to do and wheather it is right or wrong
3. let everyone know that they don't have the right tools to build axles
4. take the axle to someone that build axles and has all the right tools.
5. ?????????????????????????????? what do you do

I will leave you to make your own judgement and decision without any names being said

KToy

i would try to get most of my money back and take it to another shop.

or i would tell them to give me my money back for the work and the axle and start over.

i also would tell everyone on here what company screwed up and i would let that company know that your letting all of the wasatch front offroaders know what they did.

i would stay calm as well... most people wont deal anything with you if u are not calm.

James K

NO, I'm always like this
#4 would be the first thing I did.

#1 second

and if that didn't work then get my money back, but you better be able to prove they are wrong.

DToy

Yeah, I would say first, try to work it out with the shop that screwed up. Get some kind of commitment in writing as to when they will have the work complete. If they are unwilling to step up and make it right then I agree with Attilia, post up the name of the shop so that no one else gets screwed over. Too many shops are kept in business because people get screwed and don't speak up and warn others. Sure, there are two sides to every story, but if you legitimately got screwed, speak up.

E

Elements

Question

I have proven they did it wrong
QUESTION: when you are sleeveing an axle who many inches on sleeve should you have in new axle tube for support, strainght and to keep the axle true when you weld it we all know when you weld heat pulls.
JAMES: Why would you want to take the axle back to them is they are not willing to admit they messed up

mbryson

Supporting Member
Can't you just GO AWAY........?????? I think we've established 'truth' and I don't think you're willing to accept it.

Elements said:
I have proven they did it wrong
QUESTION: when you are sleeveing an axle who many inches on sleeve should you have in new axle tube for support, strainght and to keep the axle true when you weld it we all know when you weld heat pulls.
JAMES: Why would you want to take the axle back to them is they are not willing to admit they messed up

I don't think you've proven anything except that you are a thickheaded, numbskull.

E

Elements

Questions

These are just questions i have not named any names. I'm just wondering what peole would do if I should go back to them or what freedom of speech
I'm letting them make there own judgement like you have asked me to do i'm complying with what you ask of me do you ever want any money from me

Last edited by a moderator:

mbryson

Supporting Member
Elements said:
These are just questions i have not named any names. I'm just wondering what peole would do if I should go back to them or what freedom of speech

You've been banned twice. There is NO freedom of speech. GO AWAY or I'll contact your ISP.

mbryson

Supporting Member
Elements said:
.......... you ever want any money from me

WTF are you talking about now????? I have NEVER seen anyone with such a warped (or WORPED as you would put it) sense of reality....... You sir are Mr. Reality Chaser..... Now go back to the mother ship.

James K

NO, I'm always like this
Elements said:

A. honestly I would not be in your situation.

B. they have offered repeatedly to make it right by you. yet you keep beating this to death.

C. maybe you should have looked at doing this yourself. I know I learned and did my own.

I have seen help offered by Parker/OLM and you refuse it.

billforce

rckcrlr said:
I probably should not reply to this thread at all, but I am confused.
I am truly trying to look at this situation objectively, personal issues aside.
See if I have this right....
1.Parks says the the housing is sprung ie bent.
2.Elements says the bending came after the tubes were replaced.
3.The housing Elements bought off Ebay was just a center with a little tube sticking out.
4.OLM was contracted to tube this. (frt w/knuckles or rear tubes only????)
5.Caps were mismatched

Is that about it?

First, Parks is about the only one down there I would trust, but this whole thing seems very odd....

In 17 years since my first job in a shop, I have not seen a bent 60 center section. Seen broken ones, spun ones, cracked ones, ones with the tubes broke out, etc....Never even had reason to check one. Never heard of it being checked in such a way.... Setting it on a flat surface and having it rock only proves the cover surface is not true. It does not have to mean the housing is sprung. The important issue is if the carrier bearings are in line with each other.
I have used case spreaders to get thight carriers out....It is VERY difficult to spread a 60 center much more than a small fraction of an inch.
I NOT calling anyone a liar, I guess it is possible to bend one, just seems odd to me.
I am also wondering why, if the tubes were already cut too short to properly sleeve it, why not just re-tube it? (machine out the plug welds and install all new tube.) this is how Tera/Dyna/etc do it. In fact I watched Chad build B's axles that way at Tera. We also did some this way way back when at AFWDS.
IF a housing has a slight bend to it, it can an is corrected if it is put together with a line up bar through pucks in the bearing lands. There is NO way it can be wrong if done with a bar, welded with the bar in place and allowed to cool. The bar holds everything in line. It could even look completely bent out of wack on the out side, but as long as all the bearing lands are in line, it will work fine.(asuming it is not soooo bent that the shafts contact the tubes.)
I learned a long time ago to not trust how it looks until you stick a bar through it and check.

Another thing I do not understand is how welding a tube to the little tube left in the housing could bend a center section. I do not see how that is possible. Both tubes are indepent and exert no force on the center. However if a brace is welded tube to tube, it could bend it easily.

The line bore will fix the cap issue and allow for a line up bar to be used effectively. From What I read here, I see no reason why the housing can not be used. Even if the housing is now sprung....before or after OLM, the line bore will assure the carrier bearings are lined up. From there out it is easy to keep everything lined up.

So I guess my confusion is niether Elements or Parks statements make complete sense to me. Niether of them fit with the experiences I have had.
BUT, I learn something new everyday.
I am not trying to dis either of you, I just don't get it.

Forgot to add, you do not need a lathe to make build a housing properly, it is just one one to do it. I trust a line up bar much more than a press fit. Circle trackers have been building them that way for MANY years.

Marc

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by rckcrlr : Yesterday at 06:21 PM.

Do you guys not get it???????

Marc this is what I have been saying from the started. It call a line up bar, how heard is it to get. It will tell the truth and not take sides. If the axle **** up I would be the first one to say you have a bad axle. But I dont have a line up bar to find out. Do you Parker this will fix everything.

The End

Wild Bill

Badger

I am the Brute squad
well i thought you had your conclusion .aren't you bringing this to Tera ,so you say they are going to fix it.end of story right ?

go away and be done with this subject

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
mbryson said:
Thread is closed again.

ELEMENTS: I am sick of your drivel. You are an amazingly persistent dumbass.

Bill & Tyler (Extreme Elements)...

Bring this subject back up one more time & you are permanantly banned from RME.

You made your point, you have reached a conclusion, now DROP IT!!!

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Tyler, I tried to email you, but it looks like the email addy you registered with isn't functioning. Here's what I was wanted to say-

Tyler,

You have had your say & you have come to a conclusion. End of discussion. Now, your 'jeepelements' profile has been suspended for 7 days. You will be able to participate on RME after a week.

In the meantime, DO NOT register any alter egos. We don't allow them & we never have.

Also, DO NOT bring the subject of your axle back up. It's over, got it?

If you do, you will be permanantly banned & asked not to visit RME ever again. I don't care for drama, especially the way you have presented it. I don't want that crap on my site. As I mentioned on POR, we do not tollerate 'vendor wars.'

If you have any questions or comments, email me back.

- Greg

Status
Not open for further replies.