Double Beadlocks

Roger

Just curious if anyone has had any experience with dis mounting tires off of double beadlocks? These are Walker wheels that were sent to OMF beadlocks and had inner beadlocks put on them. I have tried myself and been to multiple tire shops and know one seems to know any tricks. We dis mounted some swampers that were on these originally but ended up tearing the bead on the tires when we got them dis mounted. I changed my brakes on my buggy to spidertrax hats and rotors with willwood calipers. Now the inner beadlock no longer fits over the brakes. So I am about to cut the wheels apart to save the tires so that I can put them on some new wheels. Just thought I would give it one last try on here and see if anyone had some experience with this set up.IMG_5790.jpgIMG_5791.jpg

NYCEGUY01

Every beadlock I ’ve ever mounted or dis mounted was super easy once the rings were unbolted, is there something inherently different with an inner beadlock ?

1969honda

Supporting Member
All of the Hutchinson's and military beadlocks that I've done for humvees have been fairly simple. Once the front bead has been pushed off the ring a little all the way around then the ring can be unbolted and they usually come right off. Use lube liberally as you push the bead down, it doesn't need to go far, but once it starts sliding down unbolt the ring. If you unbolt the ring first it will definetly fight you more and can damage any bolts/studs still ran thru the holes.

I have had rings hang up on the studs a little bit or need to have a pry bar put 180° apart on both sides because they're stuck together from corrosion between the two halves, that's about it. Have new o-rings ready and be prepared to push the back bead off the same way with a bead breaker and lube. Dish soap, wd-40 or Murphy's tire soap all work great.