Downhill Mountain Bikes - Advice/Opinions

EROK81?

Sell out
Well I have decided it is time to get another DH bike. Some undisclosed years ago I used to race downhill and loved it. So I want to start up again, maybe even do a little racing.

Anyone here ride one? If so I've got some questions. I'm looking on KSL and have found a few I'm interested in (budget is around 1k). I'll also be doing a little XC with it, but figure I hate uphill anyway, so why not do it with a heavy *** bike. :D

mesha

By endurance we conquer
Jdub knows his poop about bikes although he will try to sell you a 9000 dollar Sworks;)
I just bought a cannondale rize lefty for a great deal and it is awesome. What size of frame are you looking for?

EROK81?

Sell out
Turns out I just bought a Santa Cruz Bullit. Seems pretty sweet so far, at least riding around the parking lot. :)

Attachments

• bike.jpg
    bike.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 18

iamsparticus

Take your Rig to the Edge
Santa Cruz is a sweet brand and the bullit is a very good choice. I ride a 2006 Kona stinky, and a Specialized bit hit, i also have rode a Rocky Mountain Switch Pro with Marazochi Suspension and shimano saint everything. They all were great bikes but i think i like the switch pro the best, hope you enjoy your bullit, teh Rock shox totem fork you have is a great fork, the rear fox is not bad but i would ride it and see what you like and dislike.

If you want a good source for really cheap bike parts that are new go to www.bikewagon.com they have screaming deals

Last edited:

EROK81?

Sell out
Are there any local shops that carry full face helmets these days? I checked a few yesterday, but didn't see anything.