Drive time estimates

Zombie

Random Dead Guy
Alright RME.... I can't think of a better place to ask.

I'm going to be attending a class in Layton next week, and I'm trying to figure out what time I'll need to leave.

I'll be travelling from 106 South and I-15 in Sandy to Antelope Drive and I-15 in Layton on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday of next week.
I need to arrive at 8:00 AM.

I know in normal conditions this drive would take about 45 minutes. What I don't know is traffic issues I might run into during the morning.

Any advice?

Last edited:

sawtooth4x4

Totally Awesome
I live in Layton and drive to Midvale everyday.

If I leave my house at 5.30 am I get to work around 6.00 to 6.05. I leave work at 4.00 pm and get home between 4.30 and 4.35. I just follow the flow of traffic which seems to travel around 70-75 mph

Troop92

I live in Layton and do the commute down to SLC every day.

As others have said, it would come down to what time of morning. The only traffic you'll hit (if during morning commute) is from 106th South up to 6th South in SLC. After that it's easy, minimal traffic because you're going the opposite of the rush. I'd say no more than 45 minutes if at busy rush hour. If not, 35-40 minutes tops. That's just freeway travel though, add a few minutes for surface streets.

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
As others have said, you're going against the traffic. Salt lake to Layton is easy in the morning, and Layton to Salt Lake is easy in the afternoon. Leave at 7 to be safe the first day. Adjust if necessary after that.

moab_cj5

Supporting Member
As others have said, you're going against the traffic. Salt lake to Layton is easy in the morning, and Layton to Salt Lake is easy in the afternoon. Leave at 7 to be safe the first day. Adjust if necessary after that.

This. Your worst drive will be from 106 to downtown. After that, it will be a breeze. Plan on an hour, then adjust as needed.

sawtooth4x4

Totally Awesome
if you leave earlier then most of the population, I've found the drive to be very easy. But my employeer lets me work the hours i prefer, so 4-10 hour days it is. 6 am to 4 pm works out perfectly!

Zombie

Random Dead Guy
Thanks for the help. I'm goign up for a class, so I don't have a lot of control over times... Thankfully I only have to do it three times.