driveline issues

myemontana

So I started out with driveline bind at the differential, added a tom woods off set u-joint which did amazing things for clearance. Now my issue is when I jack up the front end and let the wheels droop the driveline is binding at the tranfer case. Granted I can jack it up pretty far before this happens. Curious if this will be fine, since you never have both tires fully dropped out at the same time on the trail, one is down while the other is pushed up.. What to do now?????
THanks

barnsbronco

I had the same problem on my 71 bronco when i installed cage long arms and a 5.5 inch lift. I ended up running 4 degree c bushings upside down to get rid of the bind. Not sure if you have c bushings on your 1 ton running gear though.

Chevycrew

just keep in mind if you lift the front end climbing a ledge you could droop both sides at the same time.

I would look into a high angle CV at the transfer case. (I just broke 2 t-case housings with driveshaft bind)

lewis

Fight Till You Die
Need to know what your rig is and what driveline you have. If you have a non cv then you can run another off set ujoint at the tcase. Also depending on what cv you have, you can get ones that have more clearance or you can clearance them yourself with a little grinding. Really need to know what you are running though.

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
You should be able to cycle your suspension completely without any bind whatsoever. On my Toyota I have two offsed U-joints up front with high angle yokes and old school ag splines... It works, but looking back there were way better options I should have explored :-\

It sounds like you have a shorter shaft on a steep angle or a ton of lift. Like stated above depending on what vehicle you have there should be a specific solution. What works great on one make might not be the best on another make if that makes sense...

myemontana

Rig is a 1970 bronco with 5 1/2 Cage suspension with the long arms. HP dana 60 up front. Drive shaft has a CV currently, Seems to be binding inside the CV, need to do some more grinding also looking at grinding out the transfer case yoke some. Unfotunately the Radius arms are mounted to brackets that are welded to the axle so its not a simple task to rotate the pinion up a few degrees.