driveline shops

kruzr69

Where is the best place around to get a new driveline made? I put my rear axle under yesterday and discovered my stock driveline wouldnt work anymore. I need a cv coming off of the transfer.

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
kruzr69 said:
Where is the best place around to get a new driveline made? I put my rear axle under yesterday and discovered my stock driveline wouldnt work anymore. I need a cv coming off of the transfer.
High Angle and Tom Woods are both capable of making a nice driveline.

kruzr69

RockMonkey said:
High Angle and Tom Woods are both capable of making a nice driveline.
I emailed High angle, I was just wondering if there was anyone close that you guys go to, or somewhere you would recommend.

R

rockdog

Line

kruzr69 said:
I emailed High angle, I was just wondering if there was anyone close that you guys go to, or somewhere you would recommend.

six states in orem did mine . jason does a great job . but i think he's pretty swamped right now with everybody trying to get ready for ejs.

Rusted

Let's Ride!
Supporting Member
I have used Slyco before to have drivelines repaired. They treated me well.

1398 S 400 West
SALT LAKE CITY UT 84115
(801) 484-4730

Caleb

I would say Six States or Tom Woods. I will likely use Six States for my rear shaft as Tom Woods will tell ya (regaurdless of what you said you want) that 1310 is all you need...

Mike_Lib

Mall Crawlin'
All I can say about Tom Wood is that he has easily given me the best customer service anyone can ask for. On two seperate occasions he went over and above his call of duty to make me happy and I know he ate $$$'s doing it.

All of my driveline biz in the future will always go to Tom. :)

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
All my experiences with driveline shops:
1. Bought a front driveline from High Angle. I was happy with it until it broke at the weld, and I saw that the weld was 99% on the tube and only 1% on the yoke. Despite this I believe they are capable of making a very nice drive shaft.
2. Got raped by GRS getting a shaft re-tubed. Paid a ton, and got way thinner tube than I wanted. Pretzeled it after a while.
3. Despite NEVER HAVING BOUGHT ANYTHING FROM HIM, Tom Woods gave me some u-bolts for a yoke once, and on a totally seperate occasion he gave me a 1350 dana 60 yoke, brand new, and would not take money for it. Dude has got customer service coming out his ears.
4. For the last couple years I have been making my own driveshafts, and have been quite happy with them. Virtually free, and virtually unbreakable. The yokes are the weakest parts. If you can, make your own!

troutbum

cubi-kill
supergper said:
I would say Six States or Tom Woods. I will likely use Six States for my rear shaft as Tom Woods will tell ya (regaurdless of what you said you want) that 1310 is all you need...
:rofl: :rofl: I had that conversation mopar BB doubler 5500 lbs and Tom says "oh 1310 is more than enough. "

FWIW Highangle has been great to me, spendy but always on time and always helpful.

Caleb

RockMonkey said:
All my experiences with driveline shops:
1. Bought a front driveline from High Angle. I was happy with it until it broke at the weld, and I saw that the weld was 99% on the tube and only 1% on the yoke. Despite this I believe they are capable of making a very nice drive shaft.
2. Got raped by GRS getting a shaft re-tubed. Paid a ton, and got way thinner tube than I wanted. Pretzeled it after a while.
3. Despite NEVER HAVING BOUGHT ANYTHING FROM HIM, Tom Woods gave me some u-bolts for a yoke once, and on a totally seperate occasion he gave me a 1350 dana 60 yoke, brand new, and would not take money for it. Dude has got customer service coming out his ears.
4. For the last couple years I have been making my own driveshafts, and have been quite happy with them. Virtually free, and virtually unbreakable. The yokes are the weakest parts. If you can, make your own!

I'll totally agree with Tom Woods giving nothing but the best in CS...when I had my CV shaft built by him (when he was in that little tiny shop) he stayed after hours on a Saturday to get it done for me...I just keep hearing more and more stories of guys that call up to order a 1350 or 1410 driveshaft and he wants to sell them a 1310 driveshaft...he is the only driveline shop that suggests a 1310 over the others for our needs, which to me is strange because he knows exactly how hard we are on parts, I have seen too many 1350s break to risk going with 1310s (changing a driveline U-joint isn;t my idea of fun and the rest of my drivetrain is 31/32 spline except for the tranny output)...

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
i had tom woods build mine. they built them the day i ordered them and they were shipped to my house the next day! that is what i am looking for when it comes to customer service!!!!

ryslc

car audio guy
i have broken a ton of stuff(not actual measurement)and would recomend andy(six states)drive shafts. he does awsome work and stands behind it!

Chris

Sponsored by... the Wife.
besy driveline shop

Gaylons driveline in Lehi. Talk to john he will hook you up, if you go this route tell him Chris Holley sent you.