DSL question

Jeeptj98

I was thinking about switching over to DSL but found out I have to buy some type of filter because I have a home alarm system? Does anyone know anything about these filters and are they hard to install?

Rusted

Let's Ride!
Supporting Member
Poor said:
I was thinking about switching over to DSL but found out I have to buy some type of filter because I have a home alarm system? Does anyone know anything about these filters and are they hard to install?

They come with your install kit. They are only a few dollars if you have to buy extra. Usually all it intails is to put it inline with a phone. Looks like a little pig tail with a male end on one side, and a female end on the other.

olywrestle

Duct Tape
You want to check with your alarm company, becasue sometimes the filters can block the alarm signal to the alarm company. if that is the case, then you need to have someone install a "home run" line, which is a line that goes directly from your Network interface ( telephone box) right to where you want to put the dsl service. if you do the home run route, you will not need the extra filters that come with the DSL modem