Dual boot....two hard drives (XP & Fedora Core 3)

Caleb

...back on topic, I think I remember Linux having issues dual-booting with windows if windows is loaded first. I know there is a work aorund but can't remember how I did it way back when. One thing you could do Brett is back-up all your stuff and load linux first then load windows. Or search google, I bet you'll find the work-around.

Spork

Tin Foil Hat Equipped
Supergper said:
...back on topic, I think I remember Linux having issues dual-booting with windows if windows is loaded first. I know there is a work aorund but can't remember how I did it way back when. One thing you could do Brett is back-up all your stuff and load linux first then load windows. Or search google, I bet you'll find the work-around.
(like I said my dual booting experience is limited) I thought you were supposed to do windows first because it blows away the current MBR and loads what it wants when it is loaded. (killing grub or lilo)

78mitsu

Spork said:
(like I said my dual booting experience is limited) I thought you were supposed to do windows first because it blows away the current MBR and loads what it wants when it is loaded. (killing grub or lilo)

Partitionmagic.

Pathos

NTLDR is a biatch and a pain in the ass to werk with.

This thread should get you going in the right direction todo a linux / WinNT(2k / XP) dualboot.

Bone Down

Spork said:
When did you work out there? I worked for Rick for almost a year. :hickey:

As for Brett's question I've never messed with dual booting with 2 drives. Usually I just have both on the same drive then have different mount points out to the additional drives.

I quit a cpl month's before the Founder CEO was ousted from the company by his Mentor/College Professor Mr. B. Daines and the acting CEO was named (Mr. S. Hill)(use to drive a nice green A6 all the time).

In short just over 4 years ago. I still talk to a lot of the people that work their including Rick (all though Rick's last name slips me at this time, he has lost a lot of weight).