Northern Utah Dual sport ride somewhere.

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
Hmm good question. What would you guy's do once we reach Garden City? Ride the highways back or?

I don't want to ride any length of paved road. I have been studying the maps to try and find some loop would could make up and back.

One idea, I have ridden the route from Pleasant Grove to Currant Creek up to Evanston a few times now. That is a big section of pavement also. Maybe we could start in Evanston, ride up to meet you at garden city and head into wherever from there. I have never been anywhere north of Bear lake and would like to see some of that area.

I'll be boarding a plane for Hawaii in less than 24hours and all I can think about is riding my bike on this trip :eek: :D

Don't tell your wife that.

D

Deleted member 12904

Im just going to plan on Aug 14-16 for this.

Also I talked with Doug yesterday and we are going to do another trip end of September first of October if any of you want in on that let me know and Ill keep you in the loop.

D

Deleted member 12904

We still on for August 14th? If so are we going to be packing food and camp cooking or just eating in town at fuel stops?

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
I was planning on a mix just like last year. Dinner and maybe breakfast at camp depending on how close we are to towns.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
Sorry to hear that.
I have been talking to a bunch of the guys I work with and they are all wanting to go. Not sure how many will actually make it.

D

Deleted member 12904

Glockman your inbox is full text me your number I have a couple questions for you . 8018704109

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
This will be my first extended ride with them. As far as build quality and how they mount, I really like them. If I were to buy them again I might go with the monarch pass bags and just line them with trash bags. The roll down top on the expedition bags is a little cumbersome to get in and out of multiple times a day for short trips but is really nice for getting big things in and out.

I built the racks on my bike with some 7/16 solid rod. They are pretty minimal. You probably wouldn't notice them with the bags off. They have worked with light loads in the bags for short trips. I'll report back how they do fully loaded.

rholbrook

Make sure your straps are kept up and and away from the wheels. When I was a kid I had a neighbor that had a strap from a bag get caught up and take him down. He died and left 4 young kids at home.

Caleb

I'm out, wife is getting Lasik and I gotta tend to her and the kids. Damn.

OTOH, how do you like that Wolfman stuff? I can't decide if I should get their E-12 saddle bags, or go with a top bag from RevPak. http://www.revpack.com/tourpack-jr/. I'm trying to stay away from doing a bag frame or rack assembly.

I have the E-12 stuff and really really like it. I have the saddle bags, duffle bag, fender bag, tank bag, etc. the only other bag I'd consider to replace it would be the Giant Loop stuff.

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
Make sure your straps are kept up and and away from the wheels. When I was a kid I had a neighbor that had a strap from a bag get caught up and take him down. He died and left 4 young kids at home.
Fortunately I only have 1 young kid and a few older ones;) most of them wouldn't even miss me but I'll check my straps anyway.

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
Dang, we'll miss you. Lower back issues?

I did about 150 miles of warmup today.

uploadfromtaptalk1439171765358.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1439171788665.jpg

Did about 30 miles of the PCH, then found some back roads around Malibu. It was an awesome ride. As much as I dislike southern California, there are a million miles of awesome Canyon roads to ride here.

D

Deleted member 12904

yesterday glockman told me all of his friends are already packed so I figured I should at least start my bike prep today

D

Deleted member 12904

Made some good progress this afternoon but my clutch cable is toast so looks like I get to make time for a field trip to RMATV tomorrow