Duchesne Testing Grounds

rock4fun

Here are a few pics from over the weekend. This is my testing ground out where my in-laws live this is me and my brother in law out playing trying out his new crawler trying to keep up with me {He Cant} and just having a good time. This is a very fun place to play and it over looks Starvation Reservoir I would like to try to get a few people together some time this summer and go out there and some camping, crawling,and fishing .

Attachments

• IMG_1545.jpg
    IMG_1545.jpg
    187.7 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_1547.jpg
    IMG_1547.jpg
    200.6 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_1549.jpg
    IMG_1549.jpg
    194.4 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_1546.jpg
    IMG_1546.jpg
    176.5 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_1550.jpg
    IMG_1550.jpg
    203.5 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_1553.jpg
    IMG_1553.jpg
    202.5 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_1551.jpg
    IMG_1551.jpg
    200.8 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_1556.jpg
    IMG_1556.jpg
    201.9 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_1569.jpg
    IMG_1569.jpg
    190.3 KB · Views: 44

rock4fun

More from Duchesne testing grounds

Some more pics.

Attachments

• IMG_1568.jpg
    IMG_1568.jpg
    184.4 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_1562.jpg
    IMG_1562.jpg
    196.2 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_1570.jpg
    IMG_1570.jpg
    188.8 KB · Views: 50

hillbillysteve

LET GO OF REMOTE CONTROL!
Looks like fun, too bad it was twice as far as I could go this weekend. Any way I'll have to make it the next time for sure. Thats just a small bend in the that tie rod :rofl:.I dont know if you remember but I think you still have one of those laying around my garage somewhere.

rock4fun

Looks like fun, too bad it was twice as far as I could go this weekend. Any way I'll have to make it the next time for sure. Thats just a small bend in the that tie rod :rofl:.I dont know if you remember but I think you still have one of those laying around my garage somewhere.
I forgot about that I will have to get that and have jason come get it. He would probly be happy to have it. And that picture is after we pulled it straigt with the winch to be able to drive it back to the trailer.

camcruiser13

nice pics ricky
hope the owner isnt mad your tearing up his land.

jk

i got some land near there. have to have you come over sometime. oh yeah you missed a good run out at mini moab. had to test some things on the rig.

rock4fun

This spot is BLM it has mostly been used by dirt bikers and 4-wheelers I was the first one to take a rock crawler into the aria about 2 yrs ago. I did ask a ranger if it was ok and he told me as long as I stayed in this certin spot and did not drive on the road between state park and BLM I would be ok. He also said we are alowed in the park also. but now the laws have changed and I think you can drive any licensed 4-wheeler / rock crawler any where up in the aria and 4-wheelers for sure around town but I dont know about crawlers. The spot we play in is just below a couple old oil rig locations and that is where we park the trailers. most of the stuff we do is in washes and after a good rain storm or after winter you can hardly tell we were even there. Right now me and my brother in-law are the only ones with rock crawlers that go out there so the place is easy to keep clean and traffic is low. During the summer alot of people ride dirt bikes and 4-wheeler in this aria and it gets a little tore up but not. Then winter comes in cleans it up erases all the black marks fills in the ruts and is good to go. It is a very cool view of the lake and there has been alot of deer in the aria latly.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Might want to check into the new RMP that went into effect for that area, official last fall. It pretty much changed everything in the area to "limited to designated routes only" and unless a club or group pursued that route with the BLM, its surely not a designated route. :( It would be a situation much like Coyote Canyon in Moab, it needs to be re-added to the BLM motorized travel plan.

If you have specifics on the location you could email or PM me I would be glad to look into the specifics, find out for sure if its closed. There are still some "cross-country" open areas spread out throughout the state and with any luck this could be on one of those parcels.

rock4fun

45 min east is vague at best.

Could you give better directions please?
Ok I will try. Most people know where heber is so I will start from there. From heber head east going up daniels summit go past daniels summit lodge heading east to strawberry res. from there keep heading east the next town you come to will be frutland utah dont blink you will miss it. From there keep heading east on Hwy 40 tell you come to a big long bridge that drives over starvation res. From there keep driving east on Hwy 40 tell you come to the town of Duchesne just as you get into town you willl see a phillips 66 gas station on the left side. Just to the left of the gas station there is a kinda steep dirt road that heads up onto the bench follow that dirt road tell you comr to a signe that says knights hollow this is state park do not turn in there you want to turn in to the next left that you can make.Pick out a spoy to unload and have fun. So in short take Hwy 40 from Heber all the way to duchesne. It's about 1 hr from Heber

rock4fun

Might want to check into the new RMP that went into effect for that area, official last fall. It pretty much changed everything in the area to "limited to designated routes only" and unless a club or group pursued that route with the BLM, its surely not a designated route. :( It would be a situation much like Coyote Canyon in Moab, it needs to be re-added to the BLM motorized travel plan.

If you have specifics on the location you could email or PM me I would be glad to look into the specifics, find out for sure if its closed. There are still some "cross-country" open areas spread out throughout the state and with any luck this could be on one of those parcels.
I am trying to get specifics this week. It it a hard thing to track down all I got today is that it is BLM? and may still be leased to the oil fields ? and it used to be part of the old coke oil fields.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
I am trying to get specifics this week. It it a hard thing to track down all I got today is that it is BLM? and may still be leased to the oil fields ? and it used to be part of the old coke oil fields.

Cool, appreciate your legwork. When the RMP was in process the U4WDA was looking for somebody that had a good knowledge of the trails out that way, sadly nobody ever came into light at its pretty apparent some really neat trails were lost. There is still a lot of neat stuff open and the relation with the BLM out there needs to be fostered, but we were not prepared like we needed to on that RMP :-\