Duck Jeep? WTF??

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
I wonder how many eyeballs they lose being pay-walled, thus losing that much potential ad-revenue.
Being the WSJ, I'm sure they've run the numbers and its not enough to eliminate the paywall.

I used to feel the same way, but honestly, if its a site that I value and think they do good work, I'll pay the subscription to directly support them. Particularly in the world of journalism where its so hard to find decent, well written, well researched articles anymore. I pay for the WSJ, I think during Black Friday they do it for like $50/year, which is a steal. Then I get all the articles and no pop ups or any other BS. I pay for a few other news/opinion sites too, like National Review.

If you're clever, though, you can get around most paywalls. For example, if you went to the U (or probably any other college) and you can still get into your account; you can use the JSTOR portal and read basically any newspaper or magazine in the world for free. Its a little cumbersome, but it works. I think most public libraries allow you to do the same thing as well.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
Real journalism exists?
ha ha, you just have to go though a paywall to see it I guess.

For what it's worth, I dated a news anchor for about a year. She took great pride in being a "journalist" and I met a lot of her coworkers that occupy this weird subculture of news/journalism workers. They are all contract workers and part of the SAG, so they have this weird national network of friends all around the country developed from working in different markets on different contracts. At any rate, she was very serious about her craft as were many of the people I met through her, and she and those like her would literally give their lives to break a story that would go down in time as disrupting the mainstream media and political system. She was a skinny little blonde thing and she would go knock on doors in the worst neighborhoods in Chicago and Minneapolis to work on stories by herself. Fearless. Having been around her is why I find it so implausible the theory or idea that all media, politicians, and doctors in every country around the world are somehow involved in some massive international conspiracy directed by some shadow organization. Because there are credible journalists, willing to do the work to expose that, willing to pay the ultimate price to bring that forward, and with the means in modern society to get that actual information public.

But I digress.

Ducks are stupid.

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
Having been around her is why I find it so implausible the theory or idea that all media, politicians, and doctors in every country around the world are somehow involved in some massive international conspiracy directed by some shadow organization. Because there are credible journalists, willing to do the work to expose that, willing to pay the ultimate price to bring that forward, and with the means in modern society to get that actual information public.

You're clearly not reading the right news sites! If you were, you'd know that the space lizards are controlling everything! I read it on Infowars, and my Q-Anon FB group says it's true, so it must be true.

I actually fully support ducks and ducking. Just another reason to laugh a Jeep owners. 🤣

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Paywall, story about jeep ducks. Real journalism.

At the end of they day, what gets published isn't up to the 'heroic' journalists, which is why the idea that mainstream is controlled by a smaller group or tribe still stands.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
ha ha, you just have to go though a paywall to see it I guess.

For what it's worth, I dated a news anchor for about a year. She took great pride in being a "journalist" and I met a lot of her coworkers that occupy this weird subculture of news/journalism workers. They are all contract workers and part of the SAG, so they have this weird national network of friends all around the country developed from working in different markets on different contracts. At any rate, she was very serious about her craft as were many of the people I met through her, and she and those like her would literally give their lives to break a story that would go down in time as disrupting the mainstream media and political system. She was a skinny little blonde thing and she would go knock on doors in the worst neighborhoods in Chicago and Minneapolis to work on stories by herself. Fearless. Having been around her is why I find it so implausible the theory or idea that all media, politicians, and doctors in every country around the world are somehow involved in some massive international conspiracy directed by some shadow organization. Because there are credible journalists, willing to do the work to expose that, willing to pay the ultimate price to bring that forward, and with the means in modern society to get that actual information public.

But I digress.

Ducks are stupid.

I do believe it exists, it's just not readily available to us without digging and "trusting" someone/some site that you don't really know about

Last edited:

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
Hey, this is about ducks, not frogs

Now that's high level journalism. Can't identify the chemical in question by it's actual name, can't site sources. Just making an appeal to people's pre-established ignorance that something is turning dem gays gay! Hell ya! It's in the water. Back to the pile!

I know you posted it as a joke, but there are seriously people out there that would say "yes, the science and proof contained in this message seems right, I'm buying it". Literally 30 seconds of googling and some common sense breaks that video apart. It's garbage like that spreading around the internet that fuels so much hate and distrust.

edit: I actually did read the research on the Atrozine and frogs. It's kind of interesting, but also refers to other ambiguous chemicals (like what rubber ducks are made of, for example) as other sources of hormone disruption, and that Atrozine has only been found in a small percentage of the drinking water. It also is careful to say that frogs and people (and rats) are not the same even if the hormones impacted are the same, and that a creature we all learned could change sex spontaneously in nature from Jurassic Park(Crichton, 1990), isn't something to use as a parallel for how humans are impacted. But then you get the Alex Jones types that want to then drum up some fear and hate and try to draw a line from a study on Atrozine and frogs to how we're making gay babies because the water supply is spiked by it and Bud Light is brewed with it.

In the end, we can all agree the rubber duckies are making us all look lame anyway.

Last edited:

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Now that's high level journalism. Can't identify the chemical in question by it's actual name, can't site sources. Just making an appeal to people's pre-established ignorance that something is turning dem gays gay! Hell ya! It's in the water. Back to the pile!

I know you posted it as a joke, but there are seriously people out there that would say "yes, the science and proof contained in this message seems right, I'm buying it". Literally 30 seconds of googling and some common sense breaks that video apart. It's garbage like that spreading around the internet that fuels so much hate and distrust.

edit: I actually did read the research on the Atrozine and frogs. It's kind of interesting, but also refers to other ambiguous chemicals (like what rubber ducks are made of, for example) as other sources of hormone disruption, and that Atrozine has only been found in a small percentage of the drinking water. It also is careful to say that frogs and people (and rats) are not the same even if the hormones impacted are the same, and that a creature we all learned could change sex spontaneously in nature from Jurassic Park(Crichton, 1990), isn't something to use as a parallel for how humans are impacted. But then you get the Alex Jones types that want to then drum up some fear and hate and try to draw a line from a study on Atrozine and frogs to how we're making gay babies because the water supply is spiked by it and Bud Light is brewed with it.

In the end, we can all agree the rubber duckies are making us all look lame anyway.
It's all good. Hops do more to turn dudes into women than atrozine does anyways.

jeeper

DumpStor Owner
358615376_6464439400299408_157998472778085217_n.jpg