dune flag

Tonkaman

The cheapest place is actually at the visitor center unless there are vendors out then they don't compete and you have to buy from a vendor

Tonkaman

I also always take more than one since they break so easy. Nothing worse than being stuck at camp because all the flags are toast

jeeper

DumpStor Owner
I also always take more than one since they break so easy. Nothing worse than being stuck at camp because all the flags are toast

I always take one, leave it in the truck, and ride without.. I hate them.

I am pretty good at my "surprised" face.. "Oh, I must have lost it back there somewhere.. I'll go get another from my truck, officer"

ricsrx

Brian
Do you remember how much mine cost me(ticket)..........

Last edited:

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
Here's a little trick I do:

1. By new flag.
2. cut it off where the rod goes through the bolt.
3. Drill out the remaining rod (what's left inside the bolt)
4. Push the flag pole into the bolt and out the bottom ~1" (make sure it passes through easily)
5. Apply electrical tape to the rod above and below the bolt. Add enough so that the flag cannot pull out either way.

When you snap the flag off you can simply push it through the bolt again and re-tape. Be sure to keep a roll of tape with you while riding. Works out great :cool:

Also the flag mounts that attach to the axle are completely worthless. Get one or make one that attaches to the fender. Kinda hard to see but here's what I'm talking about:

22065_100339666666459_1000007127746.jpg

Tonkaman

I drilled a 1/4" hole in my plastics, slide the flag thru the hole and clamp with an axle mount. It works like a charm unless I do a front flip down a dune....

ricsrx

Hmm I imagine there is a story here that I have forgotten...

A typical flag ticket is $40.. But I don't think that's what you are talking about..

You seriously forgot about that dune trip.......Maybe it wasnt that great of a story..

jeeper

DumpStor Owner
Must share! or give me a reminder.. I have had to push some memories out of my head.. Like the time you threatened my life. - or wait, that one is pretty vivid still..

B2-Bomber

A typical flag ticket is $40

and a typical funeral is a lot more than that. because some dude didn't know you were on the other side of a dune, bombs over it, and lands on you.........

I work with a guy who killed someone at the dunes this way. When I worked at the edge one of the lot-techs hospitalized his own friend this way too. And they were riding together and even knew each other was in the vicinity.

this can still happen with a flag too. but why increase your chances of fatality just because you "hate" flags?

that's like "hating" seat belts, or helmets. there is no rational argument to support it

Last edited: