E-Locker

BEHERSKE

Give it to me strait.
I am looking into putting an electronic locker in my D30. Just wanted some feed back on the matter. I don't know if info is needed for feed back but i have a 00 TJ with 35" tires 3.73 gears and auto trans.

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
For what it's worth, those Rubi axles have some issues--mostly with supply, you can't get one right now. Also, they're wider than a TJ axle, have the wrong bolt pattern, (5 on 5"), and the bracketry will have to be redone.

1993yj

I have never personally seen or heard of anyone having any good experiences with an electric locker. If it were me, I would do an ARB.

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
For what it's worth, those Rubi axles have some issues--mostly with supply, you can't get one right now. Also, they're wider than a TJ axle, have the wrong bolt pattern, (5 on 5"), and the bracketry will have to be redone.

Good to know!

Also good to know that the brackets are different.

BEHERSKE

Give it to me strait.
I have never personally seen or heard of anyone having any good experiences with an electric locker. If it were me, I would do an ARB.

what kind of problems? I thought about ARB but the ones i have been around those compressors get annoying as hell.

DOSS

Poker of the Hornets Nest
what kind of problems? I thought about ARB but the ones i have been around those compressors get annoying as hell.

If the compressor bugs ya that much hook it up to CO2.. just get a good regulator and a electric silinoied...

I would suggest staying away from the ECTED... my friend went through 3 in his D30 all were factory defective :(... then the one in his D44 rear did the same thing... Get a ARB.. at least you can repair some things on them and they are not crap :)

StormRider

The ECTED style "Locker" is really a limited slip with an electromagnetic activator. Once it exceeds the amount of torque it can hold it starts to slip. larger tires, deeper gears, and low range on the transfer case quickly reaches that limit.

Jeepin' Josh

Black 2001 XJ
Guys down at six states been real good to me and they say to go with the eaton electric over the arb... to many air leaks and other crap to go wrong.. no personal experience but I am in the process of building my dana 44 and that's my next and last step.. I was gonna go with it.

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
Air leaks are 99% installer error... enough said ;)

I'd go 99.9% ;) Just about any problem with an ARB locker I've heard of or witnessed has been installer error. Look how many people have them and have been running them trouble free for YEARS (5+). If they were junk, those people would be having troubles too. I had my rig hopping on pavement (don't ask, helping a neighbor) and I didn't hurt anything (60's and 39" tires). ARB is also awesome to deal with.