E rated all terains

CJ Matt

I need new tires for the truck and all I know is I want E rated all terains. I would like to be at $200 each or lower and finding limited options. Any one have tires they love and recommend or hate? Size will be 265/70/17.

Caleb

IMO, the best A/T tire is the BFG A/T, and it just so happens to be available in that size in an E rating :).

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
Treadwrights are probably going to be one of the only options I'd consider under $200per.

I second Caleb's high opinion of the BFG AT. Good all-purpose tread, decent wear, good in snow.

CJ Matt

IMO, the best A/T tire is the BFG A/T, and it just so happens to be available in that size in an E rating :).

Treadwrights are probably going to be one of the only options I'd consider under $200per.

I second Caleb's high opinion of the BFG AT. Good all-purpose tread, decent wear, good in snow.

I have had the BFG's and liked them but they cost more than I want to spend. I have never trusted re-treads. I may have to re-think what I will do.

Badger

I am the Brute squad
Just got a new set of TreadWrights in 265/75/16 and got them for under a $100 a tire. They have the all terrain pattern on them and seem to be pretty good so far. Wasn't to fond of retreads either but with the pricing of tires is outrageous. The same tire from BFG is and easy $200.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
I have the Kumo AT's and so far I love them. My size is the 305's, so a big bigger. I got a deal on them for around $700, but would pay full price for them. I only have a few thousand miles on them, but they are great.

Badger

I am the Brute squad
There is a thread on them some where in here that was just started recently. Several people here have used them and put them more then one set on. They all had nothing bad to say. Convinced me to give them a try.

Toad

I know in the Safey Inspection manual it talks about retread tire. It says that the tire must be marked regrovable. But then i guess that must guys would not even notice.

dpoulsen

I have them on my dually. great traction but they seem to push under heavy weight. We went to moab with 2 jeeps and a RZR in the trailer. 32k approx. had to run them at 80 lbs. to settle them down.