Eagles Nest on Constrictor

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Britney's Box was named because of my Jeep's nickname. I called her Britney Spears, because I liked to bang her against the rocks.

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
The trail today is nowhere close to what it was when we opened it. If you want to take it back to it's original conditions and lines it would be an extensive amount of work and time. There are several obstacles that most people don't even know were/are part of the main trail. I bet only a few individuals know where Brittany's Boxs (which was one of the hardest and most damaging obstacles) is and I'm not talking about the singer :eek: When I drive the trail, I drive it like I did back in the first days. If someone saw me driving the way it was intended, I bet some would think I'm make a new line and would call be names. :rofl:

Count me in I will be the other bad guy... :D

But don't make fun of me when I have to winch eagles nest...

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
Id like to see a pic of that.
Maybe we could do something when the sign gets reinstalled.
I'll post up plans as soon as I get the sign done.

It looked good Jeff and the boys have done some awesome work down there. I didn't take any pictures, sorry.

Pretty much had signs that said "stay on the trail, signs put up by wheelers for wheelers."

yotis 4x4

wheelin=church:)
The trail today is nowhere close to what it was when we opened it. If you want to take it back to it's original conditions and lines it would be an extensive amount of work and time. There are several obstacles that most people don't even know were/are part of the main trail. I bet only a few individuals know where Brittany's Boxs (which was one of the hardest and most damaging obstacles) is and I'm not talking about the singer :eek: When I drive the trail, I drive it like I did back in the first days. If someone saw me driving the way it was intended, I bet some would think I'm make a new line and would call be names. :rofl:

not to mention copperhead or diamondback as some call it:)

Coreshot

Resident Thread Killer
Not saying the full size rig world is perfect, but after seeing a bunch of new "go arounds" in Moab created by the SXS crowd, I wonder how much of that plays into this.

Seeing as the original line is the easiest section of the entire ledge, kinda doubt it. I've heard multiple buggy guys talking about being the first to make the left side of EN unassisted. The fact is that EN got easier as tires got bigger and guys were looking for the next challenge. The thing you need to remember, Nick, is that a large number (ie. me) of the "SXS crowd" came from the bigger rigs and are not newbies to trail etiquette.

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
Seeing as the original line is the easiest section of the entire ledge, kinda doubt it. I've heard multiple buggy guys talking about being the first to make the left side of EN unassisted. The fact is that EN got easier as tires got bigger and guys were looking for the next challenge. The thing you need to remember, Nick, is that a large number (ie. me) of the "SXS crowd" came from the bigger rigs and are not newbies to trail etiquette.

I knew I would get flamed on this comment but that's ok. On the same line, personally it's probably only 1 of 3 sxs folks I run into that has decent trail etiquette. Where fullsize is 1 of 2.8. :D.

Like I said the full sized isn't perfect. ;).

Everyone has folks/newbies on trails they can't make and decides hey I just going to go here...:(

My other trail etiquette b!tch is how come if I am nice enough to yield the trail to you/anyone, you feel the need to hit the throttle dust the hell out of my kids and throw rocks all over my rig.

That is non-biased. Motorcycles, sxs, 4 wheelers, or full sized All do it.

Bart

I thought I was the first climb it, but I was actually the second. I guess a guy in a really well built brown CJ7 climbed it a few hours before I did. That was back in 2003 or 2004. The rest is history.

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
I thought I was the first climb it, but I was actually the second. I guess a guy in a really well built brown CJ7 climbed it a few hours before I did. That was back in 2003 or 2004. The rest is history.
I remember that day :D

Coreshot

Resident Thread Killer
My other trail etiquette b!tch is how come if I am nice enough to yield the trail to you/anyone, you feel the need to hit the throttle dust the hell out of my kids and throw rocks all over my rig.

That is non-biased. Motorcycles, sxs, 4 wheelers, or full sized All do it.

That bugs the shiz out of me. I've had a couple (heated) talks with dirt bike/ATV guys about that.