east coast buggy

well here what im starting to build.

specs will be:
mild built 350 with TPI injection.
T-400/205 or a built T-350 with a HD dana 300
narrowed steering rockwells with MAD-MACs 8 lug conversion
two seater 1.5" DOM chassie.
42" irok stickys

i was having a problem with the uptravel of the rockwells, it was very close to the motor. the real problem was the double ended rams are getting in the way. so once i have motor sitting in the chassie on the mounts not the engine stad behind it i can flip the axle around.

so here were i am now. im laid off so its going to be a slow build because i will work on somthing till i need to buy parts for it and then move on to somthing else.

heres some ( fuzzy ) pic's for now

jason.

Attachments

• my buggy 1.jpg
    my buggy 1.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 41
  • my buggy 3.jpg
    my buggy 3.jpg
    177.5 KB · Views: 25
well i got the motor mounts done. i will get som pics of them a little later. this is a picture of why i need to flip the axle around for the steering up front. the up travel will hit the oil pan.

more to follow,

jason.

Attachments

• my buggy 5.jpg
    my buggy 5.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 19
well here are the mounts done and painted. i needed to fix the egged out hole from the previos owner of the chassie. he was running a well built 5.3 and it egged the holes out. so i built them back up with weld and then welded some HD washers onto the side's.
this will beef up that area and ehlp keep them from ever wobbling agin.

here are the mounts,

jason.

Attachments

• my buggy 8.jpg
    my buggy 8.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 3
  • my buggy 7.jpg
    my buggy 7.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

LT.

Keep up the great work. It is interesting to see an East Coast buggy come together, especially since all we usually see here are of the West Coast type. Good luck with the build.

LT.

thanks,

the buggy will really be built like any overall buggy. just our terrian is a bit different. we tend to mix alot of rocks with heavy dirt and when its wet, mud. dont forget tree's to.
so having somthing that can get between tight trails is why i needed to narrow the rockwells down, just in case anyone was wondering.

jason.

got the front steering ram mounted. when i raised the mount up from were i had it the cylinder will hit the front flange. so i will trim it down in the lathe till it clears.

next is high steer arms and steering tie rods.

jason.

Attachments

• my buggy 9.jpg
    my buggy 9.jpg
    167.6 KB · Views: 10
  • my buggy 10.jpg
    my buggy 10.jpg
    177.8 KB · Views: 6
  • my buggy 11.jpg
    my buggy 11.jpg
    177.9 KB · Views: 8
well i got the high steer arms close to being done. i still need to drill a 3/4" hole so i can run a threw bolt down to the OEM knuckle hole and attch the HIEM in double sheer.

jason.

Attachments

• my buggy 12.jpg
    my buggy 12.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 4
  • my buggy 13.jpg
    my buggy 13.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 7