Easter Jeep question...

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(
my girlfriend wants to do poison spider this year in her tj... which is pretty much stock except the 3 in lift and 32in tires... which I'm sure will do just fine... the question is that she invited some coworkers that have a 96 bronco that is all stock...

I know that alot of you have run this trail and I have not as of yet... so in your humble opinions do you think the bronco will have a chance of running it?
or should I bring my cj7 and let them borrow it?

offroaddave

It's just one term!
I would think it would be a challange with out a rear locker.
But on the other hand I'd be skeptacle to borrow my heep to someone else.

mesha

By endurance we conquer
It will do it, but it'll be rough. Last year my friends mom followed us in a stock 96 s10 blazer. It was, fun got a little damage, took 1 million years. Make sure you take a strap.

Bart

The TJ should be fine, but have tow points on the Bronco and be prepared for body damage. Not a good idea in my opinion, but I've seen it done before.

Seth

These go to 11
I have seen it done. PS is an out and back trail. So you return on the same road you went in on. That makes it a nightmare during EJS. There are two points that the lack of a locker will make it not necessarily impossible but it is going to take some time. You will need to avoid the days when the safari proper is on the trail and be courteous to other rigs that will walk right through. (Wait for a lull in traffic)

GI'sCHICK

Sheesh...Guess we'll have to do some STOCK trails.....;)

Isn't there anyone out there that can help a girl out? I need some parts!!!

Broncoman

sign up for poison spider during the week not on big sat. it' more relaxed. we can take more time to get you through the tough spots. I have taken mostly stock vehs. through PS with out any damage or problems. just use your head and spotters. I'm gunning PS on tues. the 18th If you want to sign up for that day we can work you through and make it fun

BlackDog

one small mod at a time
not necessarily off topic, regarding the stock bronc (see sig)(planning on coming to EJS)
how long will my 8.8 hol up to a lincoln locker?
When I reincarnate this thing, that will be the first item to go, so it is expendable IMHO.

greenjeep

Cause it's green, duh!
I'll be leading PS on Tues, and honestly I would discourage the Bronco. If the drivers were experienced than it's a different story. No experience, stock vehicle, don't hold up the group.

My $.02.

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(
we are going to be down there the first sat and sunday only so guess will need to get the registration sheet to see what they have to offer those two days and go from there... thanks for all you help

jgb

not necessarily off topic, regarding the stock bronc (see sig)(planning on coming to EJS)
how long will my 8.8 hol up to a lincoln locker?
When I reincarnate this thing, that will be the first item to go, so it is expendable IMHO.

I presently run a very aggressive Eaton Positraction in my rear diff (18 steel clutches with 800 lb preload springs) normal set up is 14 clutches and 400 lb preload springs; and I have had no issues with my 8.8. Give it just a bit of gas going around a corner and it "locks up". The only thing I am having done is my axle tubes will be welded to prevent any possible spin out in the future.

Last edited: