Easter

Slangy

Sgt. CulPepper
Here is kind of a cool thing to think about on Easter if your at home or if you are driving through the desert on your way home from Moab.

Do you realize how early Easter is this year? As you may know, Easter is always the 1st Sunday after the 1st full moon after the Spring Equinox (which is March 20). This dating of Easter is based on the lunar calendar that Hebrew people used to identify passover, which is why it moves around on our Roman calendar.

Found out a couple of things you might be interested in! Based on the above, Easter can actually be one day earlier (March 22) but that is pretty rare.
Here ’s the interesting info. This year is the earliest Easter any of us will ever see the rest of our lives! And only the most elderly of our population have ever seen it this early (95 years old or above!). And none of us have ever, or will ever, see it a day earlier! Here’s the facts:
1) The next time Easter will be this early (March 23) will be the year 2228 (220 years from now). The last time it was this early was 1913 (so if you’re 95 or older, you are the only ones that were around for that!). 2) The next time it will be a day earlier, March 22, will be in the year 2285 (277 years from now). The last time it was on March 22 was 1818. So, no one alive today has or will ever see it any earlier than this year!

7114_resized.jpg

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
I knew about the "Easter is always the 1st Sunday after the 1st full moon after the Spring Equinox" but not that we (personally) will never see it this early again. Cool info. :)

Celebration of spring! :D

Slangy

Sgt. CulPepper
That's really quite interesting. I actually consider that good news. Easter being so early means a colder trip to Moab. I like those April trips! :D

No kidding, It will probably be about 50 degrees the whole time then on Easter when everyone is leaving it will shoot up to 75 degrees. But that is nothing new I guess that is just the famous Utah weather

GI'sCHICK

were in moab right now and was woken up by hail bouncing off the cabin rooftop... yeah babey!!! its not that cold here right now... but looks stormy!

reddevil

'93 Cherokee
Doesn't it usually snow during the safari? I bet this year it doesn't snow. It will probably be the best weather any of us will see in our lifetime at the safari.

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
I am thinking '98 was the last time they postponed trails on Big Saturday for Snow...

It seemed like Easter was early that year but I don't remember for sure.

Slangy

Sgt. CulPepper
Last time I seen the weather real bad over EJS was I think three years ago on Friday, raining like crazy, little bit of snow but the parking lot of Moab Valley Inn was like a small river. The car wash after that storm was a mud pit. You could have gotten your rig cleaner by washing it with a muddy rag. It was some pretty fun wheeling though

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
I lied, it would have been '99. different girlfriend in '98. It seems like '99 had 3-4" of snow on the rigs after the RR4W raffle friday night at the arena then just rain on Big Sat.

Can you look at your info and tell us when easter was in "99?