Easy Trails for Stock XJ in Moab, March 9-16

Zerkalo

Stock XJ in Moab, March 9-16/ Little Moab This weekend

I go to the U, and Spring Break is March 9 - 16.
I'm very attempted to go to Moab for a few days during the break.

I wonder for those who went what are the trails you think I can handle with a stock XJ on 30' tire, and I sure will disconnect the swaybar this time..lol
I looked through Hell's Revenge, some folks said stock can handle with caution.

If anymore wants to come along, I'm thinking a 3 day trip and maybe a day trip to Horseshoe Canyon on my way back.

-------
Or I'm also thinking to go to Little Moab this weekend just to check out how well my barebone stock will do.

Last edited:

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
For stock I would suggest fins and things and Hell's revenge for sure. My group took a stock one on Moab Rim and the first 1/4 or so of Pritchett but that's not for everyone ;)

One thing I would suggest to keep an eye on if it's an auto is the transmission lines that are above the passenger-side UCA. The stock rig we were wheeling was flexing and bouncing hard enough that the UCA hit and broke both lines on fins and things on a late-night run. Probably not going to be an issue for you but just watch it

dash

long canyon and mieral point are super cool. make sure that you have some sort of CB radio in your truck. this helps a TON in Moab. Also Are you going by yourself or are are going with other people?

Zerkalo

long canyon and mieral point are super cool. make sure that you have some sort of CB radio in your truck. this helps a TON in Moab. Also Are you going by yourself or are are going with other people?

I'd love to go with some other folks, if the time works out.
I've never used a CB radio, does it keep you updated on road condition, emergency rescue, or something?

roverrocks

If you don't already own this fine guide then get it: "Moab, UT Backroads and 4-wheel Drive Trails" by Charles Wells. Excellent guide from easy to difficult that should always be carried in your truck.

Also check out traildamage.com online if you have not before. Excellent descriptions and photos of dozens and dozens of Utah 4x4 trails plus trail maps.

Get the National Geographic Trails Illustrated Maps for the Moab area if you don't already own them. There is a North map and a South map and are excellent to carry in your truck.

Do Fins & Things FIRST before ever attempting Hell's Revenge in your stock Jeep. If no problems on Fins & Things: then and only then do Hell's Revenge. A word to the wise.

Last edited: