ebay

James K

NO, I'm always like this
I personally am not impressed. I would rather buy something local.

I think ebay was invented for people that are to lazy to get off there ass and go to the store.

Caleb

James K said:
I personally am not impressed. I would rather buy something local.

I think ebay was invented for people that are to lazy to get off there ass and go to the store.

I think the amount of effort involved (and the risk) its not worth the hassle...

James K

NO, I'm always like this
Supergper said:
I think the amount of effort involved (and the risk) its not worth the hassle...
I agree with that too.

not to mention if you sell something heavy. man what a hassle to crate it up and get it shipped.

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
I have had good luck with Ebay. With the purchases I did for the new home I saved hundreds of dollars. I have been kinda taken, but not to bad.

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
I think ebay rules, at least for little stuff. I haven't seen too many good deals on big stuff, but there's deals out there. I buy a lot of old technical pens and usually get them for a song (it sounds like a little bit of money though).
Last few years it seems to have been taken over by shitty discounters or something though.... especially electronics and tools....

BlackSheep

baaaaaaaaaad to the bone
Supporting Member
I've bought plenty from ebay. I got my rig for considerably less than what the going price was. So, I had to fly to Texas to drive it home. Luckily, I had to be in that part of texas (work) just about a week after the purchase. The seller dropped it off at a friends house, and I flew in to pick it up. Worked out pretty well for me. I've also sold stuff on there that I probably wouldn't have sold through normal 'local' channels.

My brother just bought a 99 cherokee from ebay, and sold his '86 sportster. In both cases, the deal worked out well.

It has its limitations, but I don't hate the place. It does take time to deal with the whole ebay seller thing (creating the ad, packaging up the stuff and shipping it out).

JoeT

I'd rather sell heavy items (engines, trannies, etc) local. Actually when it comes to the used Jeep parts I have local is better. But I do sell thousands each month on Ebay. I love lazy people that just click and buy. I just hate all the fees and some of the rules.

TRNDRVR

IMA BUM
Shawn said:
And what is it that you sell? Train Parts...........?
Mostly used car parts. I have sold some fishing stuff and some expired railroad rulebooks, timetables, and special instructions.

gksspot said:
I sell stuff on their all the time, have made over 4k selling stuff and I only have a feedback of 41...
That's just about where I'm at. With my eBay sales, I'm spending pennies on the dollar for my Jeep mods.

JeepinJoe said:
But I do sell thousands each month on Ebay. I love lazy people that just click and buy. I just hate all the fees and some of the rules.
Good job Joe!!! I need to expand to your level of eBaying. Show me how???

Dan.

Jeeptj98

I bought my Jeep from e-bay. I was looking for a good deal. It was Landrover of Centerville that was selling it on E-bay. I got it for lower then book value and it had VERY low miles. I see nothing wrong with buying off E-bay.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
I love buying/selling stuff from Ebay...

I have 20+ belt buckles, most from Ebay...
I buy all my skate shoes from Ebay... less than 1/2 of what the shops in the mall want (P.S. I only went to the mall ONCE in 2004 :D)

Cruiserparts sell like bacon on ebay, lots of people in remote areas need used parts... I don't ever sell stuff, but a half dozen Cruiser shops do...