Educate me on the JK

Congratulations, that's a hell of a price.

I'm selling a Trektop NX for a 2 door, if you're looking for a soft top.

Yeah....well we'll see how much I like the price when the bondo starts cracking ha ha.... nahhhhhh I think we did alright. How much for your top? I'm a strong believer that all wranglers should be soft tops....and they should always be off unless the rain or snow is falling. I am sharing this jeep with my pops though so we'll have to see what he says.

BCGPER

Starting Another Thread
I wouldn't worry for a minute about that 3.8 engine, they're a pretty decent power plant. The biggest issue it the pathetic automatic transmission they put behind it, but it sounds like you've dodged that bullet.

I've got 50k on my supercharged 3.8 with no issues at all. I'm turning 37's with 5.38 gears, and I certainly don't baby the thing.

Keep in mind, no matter what lift you decide on there's much more to consider. You'll need to get a good tuner so you can calibrate your speedo. You'll need new wheels, or spacers. I wouldn't waste money on spacers (again). You'll want a matching spare tire, so you'll have to address the tire carrier issue. Once you do the lift, tires, and wheels, you'll likely need new fender flares to keep it street legal.

See a pattern there? These things are money pits, but I love mine.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
...Keep in mind, no matter what lift you decide on there's much more to consider. You'll need to get a good tuner so you can calibrate your speedo. You'll need new wheels, or spacers. I wouldn't waste money on spacers (again). You'll want a matching spare tire, so you'll have to address the tire carrier issue. Once you do the lift, tires, and wheels, you'll likely need new fender flares to keep it street legal.

See a pattern there? These things are money pits, but I love mine.

This is pretty critical. I'm using an AEV just for speedo correction and such. It's not sexy but works for me.

moab_cj5

Supporting Member
I just got rid of a 2010 4 door. It was a fun jeep, but I got sick and tired of the weak 3.8. I had 37s and 5.38 with the auto, it it wheeled ok, but was pathetic on highway climbs. I had the superchips tuner, and tuning at least made the Jeep drivable. Before the tuner, it was super sad.
Enjoy the toy! Lots of great info in this thread so far.

MKP08JK

I just picked up a 08 JKU 4 door and they are awesome! If you have the money go coilovers they ride so nice on and off the road I just put an EVO MFG Enforcer Pro lift kit on mine its king coilovers running 37's and it is amazing on and off road my only regret is the keeping the stock dana 30 in front. I built it up and now want a core 44 oh well someday.