effing airlines!!!

chadschoon

ata airlines decides to go bankrupt 2 weeks before I fly to Hawaii! They pretty much say screw you. Has anyone here ever had to deal with something like this? Here is the news www.ataairlines.com they say if you used a card you should call your card company and get a refund. But I doubt I'll have all that worked out and be able to have another flight within 2 weeks!!!! :(

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
ata airlines decides to go bankrupt 2 weeks before I fly to Hawaii! They pretty much say screw you. Has anyone here ever had to deal with something like this? Here is the news www.ataairlines.com they say if you used a card you should call your card company and get a refund. But I doubt I'll have all that worked out and be able to have another flight within 2 weeks!!!! :(

Get on the horn with your CC company. They MAY be able to help you get on another airline? Hard to say.

Slangy

Sgt. CulPepper
Never had an airline go bankrupt right before a flight. Well then again I never go anywhere but the old lady booked a flight with Jet blue only to find out her company booked it before she did. So I figured we were going to have to eat that money but she called them, told her where she was from and the guy mentioned they have a lot of people who work for Jet Blue in Davis County, he got his manager on the phone and they refunded the money and it was back in our account in two days. But then they were not going bankrupt either. Sorry to hear that man that is real S****y to have happen right before a cool vacation like that. Hope you have some good luck like we did.

OREGON85

from OREGON
No, it hasn't. I was just wondering because if you don't find another flight they might give you some trouble trying to get your money. Hopefully they'll be pretty reasonable.

PolarXJ

HO-P

Let me know what happens or what you do to fix the problem. I've got a trip planned at the end of June with all my family. Both our flights are with ATA.