Shop / Tools Effing washing machine that don't.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Look at this gorgeous machine. See those digital displays? That’s right, you effing DON’T! This sucker has huge burly knobs that make a loud satisfying click that you feel in your bones with every turn.

IMG_7089.jpeg

And do you see this right there? That’s a big assed AGITATOR what scrubs my pantalones with gusto! That Maytag only agitated one thing, and it weren’t any dad-gum clothes of mine!

IMG_7088.jpeg

I hope my kids fight over this set when I’m dead. It looks just like the old Kenmore set I grew up with from 1975-1993. My parents gave that set to someone because they didn’t want that ugly burnt yeller color in the new house that they built in 1994.

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
Look at this gorgeous machine. See those digital displays? That’s right, you effing DON’T! This sucker has huge burly knobs that make a loud satisfying click that you feel in your bones with every turn.

View attachment 169709

And do you see this right there? That’s a big assed AGITATOR what scrubs my pantalones with gusto! That Maytag only agitated one thing, and it weren’t any dad-gum clothes of mine!

View attachment 169710

I hope my kids fight over this set when I’m dead. It looks just like the old Kenmore set I grew up with from 1975-1993. My parents gave that set to someone because they didn’t want that ugly burnt yeller color in the new house that they built in 1994.
That is a thing of beauty!
We have a 40 year old gas dryer that will outlive the sun, but our washer is a push button number from the early naughties that I know is going to croak soon. I'll have to keep this fine piece of engineering in mind.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
That is a thing of beauty!
We have a 40 year old gas dryer that will outlive the sun, but our washer is a push button number from the early naughties that I know is going to croak soon. I'll have to keep this fine piece of engineering in mind.
There are a couple of models that are a little cheaper than this one. We paid extra for the luxury of… you won’t believe this…

Filling the washer to the brim with water WHILE THE EFFING LID IS OPEN?!?! 😵😵😵😵😵 That’s right, the lid doesn’t lock you out as soon as you start the washing machine. You can keep adding garments (not those kind, you crazy Mormons) while the tub is filling… AND THEM LET THEM SOAK!!!

My 8th grade English teacher said I’d never make it in this world, but I bet she’s still washing her rags with some lowly broken Maytag crap, not this presidential level SPEED QUEEN!

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
There are a couple of models that are a little cheaper than this one. We paid extra for the luxury of… you won’t believe this…

Filling the washer to the brim with water WHILE THE EFFING LID IS OPEN?!?! 😵😵😵😵😵 That’s right, the lid doesn’t lock you out as soon as you start the washing machine. You can keep adding garments (not those kind, you crazy Mormons) while the tub is filling… AND THEM LET THEM SOAK!!!

My 8th grade English teacher said I’d never make it in this world, but I bet she’s still washing her rags with some lowly broken Maytag crap, not this presidential level SPEED QUEEN!
Looking at their website fills me with hope for the world.

jeeper

DumpStor Owner

We did the pen lid safety delete with ours.

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
Someone in this crowd has to have some sort of trebuchet that could launch a tannerite-laden Maytag into orbit for some grown man duck-hunt.
They are not hard to build. Instead of a counterweight we could tie the arm off to a 4WD with a snatch strap, that'd REALLY send that thing in the air.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
So I’m not familiar with this brand. I’ve pretty much decided all appliances are complete garbage and have resorted to buying the cheapest ones I can find, along with the best/longest extended warranty to go with it. At least someone else fixes them now when they brake.

Are you suggesting these are different?

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
Also intrigued. Are they supposed to be maintain-able? I love the old school look and knobs. I’d be all about a freaking agitator too.

I was telling someone the other day that “high efficiency” washers don’t wash very well and they were almost offended… like I wasn’t right

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
So I’m not familiar with this brand. I’ve pretty much decided all appliances are complete garbage and have resorted to buying the cheapest ones I can find, along with the best/longest extended warranty to go with it. At least someone else fixes them now when they brake.

Are you suggesting these are different?
Look at this loveliness.

IMG_7109.jpeg

In general, they favor simplicity and quality building practices. No fancy Bluetooth B.S.