EJS 2013--Pics and such

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Here's a few pics. I took my daughter (8 yr. old) Lyndsay down this year. My mom/dad showed up on Sat. evening and bailed on Tues. morning. They ran Poison Spider and Long Canyon with me. They had a great time. Lyndsay was in heaven with being able to be in the front seat (when my mom/dad weren't with us) and just having "us" time. Worked out better than I expected. BIG thanks to Carli Jacobs for taking Lyndsay under her wing for girl hair time at the campground.

I don't know why I enjoy EJS, but I really do. Great to get to meet people whether I'm in "volunteer" mode or just being a participant. Anyway, here's a few pics....more at www.marbryson.com

Poison%20Spider-EJS-RR4W%20run_3%20(Small).jpg

Poison%20Spider-EJS-RR4W%20run_8%20(Small).jpg

above pics from Johnny Cobia ---fellow gunner on my Sunday Poison Spider run with Dave Adams.
long_canyon.JPG

EH-9.JPG

EH-confluence.JPG

Kane-weep.JPG

TOWED_DIRTY.JPG

Other observations:

--Navigator get's a solid 7 rating (out of 10) on the tow rig scale. Plenty of power (most of the time) esp. considering it's a gasser. Once I got used to the suspension, it didn't bug me so much. (kinda sloppy in the rear---feels like the trailer is running the show and I don't like that much--it's not as bad as I thought it felt, but took some getting used to). Knocked down about 11 mpg.

--Sorry to my campground mates---we seemed to be headed different directions at almost all times. I'll try to be better if there's a next time. Had a great time with Dempsey and Josh in the time I was able to spend with them. Good dudes if you get a chance to hang with them.

--Once again, weather was a factor. GLAD I brought the soft top and LOVE the versatility it offers esp. for EJS type weather.

--Sleeping without a thermostat sucks. We'll see what we can do about making that change for next year. Trailer, RV, condo or ????? for next year ?

--Week went by WAY to fast.

--Work is going to suck next week. I'd love to still be trying to figure out what day it is, which trail I'm on, and if I'm a volunteer or participant that day.

--Jeep has some cool concept vehicles. I hope they keep building off the JK platform/concept vs. trying their other products. JK stuff is cool. Other Jeep stuff is just another car company. Weak sauce from the rest of the lineup. The new Cherokee is a joke and just as ugly in person. When we walked by it was garnering even less attention than a new Grand Cherokee. I'm sure Fiat will make things all better ? :rolleyes:

--most importantly, most wheelers are very cool folks...some are asshats, but 95% are just out there trying to have a good time and not break their junk. The 5% need to go back to "tuner" cars, drag racing diesel pickups or whatever and stay off the trails

--last observation: I did NOT see ANY Moab Friends for Wheelin' people at all through the week. Hope everything is OK with the group that actually does the heavy lifting for the trails in the area. We all reap the rewards of their hard work. Give them a slap on the back if you see them. Good people

RockChucker

How do you like those 38s by now? I think they look a lot more proportional than the 40s you had for a while. OH and I'm jealous that you were had to spend the whole week down there. Must have been pretty rough! Sweet pics.

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
Looks like a great trip Marc.

Someday the boys will be bigger and I will be back in safari mode, hope you will still be going down. ;)

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
How do you like those 38s by now? I think they look a lot more proportional than the 40s you had for a while. OH and I'm jealous that you were had to spend the whole week down there. Must have been pretty rough! Sweet pics.

I really like the 38" tires. Much more fun overall than the 40".

Bart

Great report and I'm glad Lyndsay had a good time. It was fun hanging out with you guys for a few days. Thanks for the help with the camper btw.