EJS 2021 Canceled (update: it's back on)

Trate D

I am hoping this is just someone mis-interpreting of the new ordinance about no new ATV/sxs events. But I have no doubt they would cancel it all again.....

Has this been released from official RR4W yet?

Bart

Apparently there was a town meeting last night and they used Covid as an excuse to revoke the permit. I'm sure RR is scrambling with a last minute solution to actually pull it off. I'm not changing any plans until I see something official from RR4W.

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
What's the source for the rumor? (I feel a little out of the loop after deleting the book of faces a few weeks ago but it's way worth it)

I have banished FB from my life also.. I have serious FOMO now.. it feels like a double edged sword. Especially as the dirt bike racing info is almost exclusively found on FB.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
It is not just a rumor, EJS has been cancelled for 2021. Despite the best efforts of RR4W to modify the event to conform to the restriction placed on "gatherings" by Grand County, ultimately the event permit was denied. Offroad friendly businesses in Moab still need your support. Businesses are open, trails are open, and it is still a great place to wheel, so there's still plenty of reason to experience Moab.

Headed down next weekend. Glad to support those that support us

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
This is as of today, from the RR4W website. I understand the permit has been denied, but I'm waiting for official word from RR4W before declaring EJS 2021 dead.

Screenshot_20210202-101121_Facebook.jpg

BlackSheep

baaaaaaaaaad to the bone
Supporting Member
wow. what a mess. I'm keeping my campground reservation, and planning on having a friend come out to ride along. If the event does go, I will sign up for a couple of trails - most likely so my friend can experience the event. However, my campground reservation is for the entire week - March 27 - April 4 so if anyone is heading down there, and are going out on some trails in the 5-7 rating, I'd like to tag along.

moab_cj5

Supporting Member
There is a limit of 250 people per event in Grand County/Moab due to COVID. If the limit of 250 holds, an official EJS simply can't happen due to size and participants. It is a sad state of affairs for events this year. I suspect many will get cancelled or moved.

From my limited time in Moab the last few years (I hate the crowds so I personally avoid going there) the economy is thriving on NP visitors and they seem to not need large events to fill the town and drive tourism anymore, so it's getting harder and harder to organize an event there.