EJS Potato Salad hill cleanup schedule

BlackSheep

baaaaaaaaaad to the bone
Supporting Member
I will speak up for BlackSheep just in case he is not able to get on and answer. I know that he has been meeting Sarah from the recycling center in the mornings and she starts between 6:15 and 6:30.

Thanks Kieth! I have been meeting her at about 630am, except for today. I'll be there about the same time tomorrow.

The folks from Channel 21 will be out at PSH on Sunday morning at 7:30 AM. Let's represent, and show 'em a HUGE group of wheelers picking up trash!

Good job everyone!

Rusted

Let's Ride!
Supporting Member
I just got a phone call from Sarah at the Moab Recycling center. She is very excited about how well it has gone so far, and said that BlackSheep has made a world of difference. She also said that it was messy this morning but not nearly as messy as she expected. I assume this means that a few people got in last night to do some clean up before BlackSheep and Sarah got there. Thank you for all of your help :cool:

She actually said she is going to write up a letter of thanks for all of the help from RME.

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
I just got a phone call from Sarah at the Moab Recycling center. She is very excited about how well it has gone so far, and said that BlackSheep has made a world of difference. She also said that it was messy this morning but not nearly as messy as she expected. I assume this means that a few people got in last night to do some clean up before BlackSheep and Sarah got there. Thank you for all of your help :cool:

She actually said she is going to write up a letter of thanks for all of the help from RME.

Could it be that others are seeing the impact and effort and not trashing the place like they normally would?

Once you see garbage thrown around, there could be that mental thing saying that one more piece isn't going to hurt. Next thing you know 100 people have that thought ant it ends up looking like a recycling center, without the guy at the cash register. Just a thought...

bobmed

- - - -
Well, a four hour power outage has changed my plans from being in Moab this weekend to going in and making sure nothing breaks down while they try to catch up on 50,000 pounds of laundry:rolleyes: At least it was a slow day.

BlackSheep

baaaaaaaaaad to the bone
Supporting Member
Could it be that others are seeing the impact and effort and not trashing the place like they normally would?

Just a thought...

Sarah and I talked about that this morning. If that is the case, excellent. Regardless, if anyone from this board went out yesterday afternoon to clean up, nice job. Sarah was very excited thinking some folks came out to do some cleanup.

I left it with Kurt and U4WDA to continue. I left Moab about 430pm, and will crash in Cortez, Co before heading back to my sister's place in NM. I'll drop off my nephew and continue back to SC. Had a great time, and feel really good about the efforts of RME with the dumpster and cleanup.

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
Sarah and I talked about that this morning. If that is the case, excellent. Regardless, if anyone from this board went out yesterday afternoon to clean up, nice job. Sarah was very excited thinking some folks came out to do some cleanup.

I left it with Kurt and U4WDA to continue. I left Moab about 430pm, and will crash in Cortez, Co before heading back to my sister's place in NM. I'll drop off my nephew and continue back to SC. Had a great time, and feel really good about the efforts of RME with the dumpster and cleanup.

Like you said, either way it's big A+ from the community in their eyes, so it really doesn't matter - we finally won one! kind of thing... But it does make one curious behind it and the logic if so... I'm really glad that several people stepped up to make this happen and own the problem! Have a safe drive home!!

Rusted

Let's Ride!
Supporting Member
Blacksheep and Ryan in action. :D

The comment from Sara at the recycling center was

"Thank you so much for everything. This year has been the best ever!"

Attachments

• MVC-045F.JPG
    MVC-045F.JPG
    32.9 KB · Views: 31
  • MVC-047F.JPG
    MVC-047F.JPG
    31.2 KB · Views: 37

Rusted

Let's Ride!
Supporting Member
If you can make it Sunday morning it would be great timing! Channel 21 from moab should be there along with a news paper reporter. They are interested in how the "off road groups" and "the environmentalists" are working together. It will be a great chance to show them that we care about the environment too!

BlackSheep

baaaaaaaaaad to the bone
Supporting Member
Blacksheep and Ryan in action. :D

The comment from Sara at the recycling center was

"Thank you so much for everything. This year has been the best ever!"

:D I'll have to send a link to this thread to my nephew (Ryan). He'll get a kick out of it. I think I've made an impression on him with the wheelin. He's a big corvette fan, and I asked him (on the way out of moab) if that is what he wanted for his first car. His response......"I think a jeep might be cool" (paraphrased)

We had about 20 U4WDA'ers (including JeepinJoe) there on Sunday morning, and we made the place spotless in under 90 minutes. The gal from channel 21 never showed, but we had a great time anyway.

How was the Saturday turnout? Who was there?

Seth

These go to 11
The U4WDA crew was there Sunday morning. Behind everyone is about 20 bags of trash. Once collected it was sorted into recyclables and trash. Once the sorting was completed the trash was only 1 large orange bag. Everything else was recycled. I would say that PSH was spotless when we left. Thanks to everyone that helped out.

IMG_0125.jpg

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Yup, turned out great... :cool:

The television gal bailed on us... Steve left her a message while we were cleaning. She messaged me 6 hours later saying sorry, she must have been at a good party ;)

Great work RME, U4WDA and all the others that made it out! :cool:

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
The U4WDA crew was there Sunday morning. Behind everyone is about 20 bags of trash. Once collected it was sorted into recyclables and trash. Once the sorting was completed the trash was only 1 large orange bag. Everything else was recycled. I would say that PSH was spotless when we left. Thanks to everyone that helped out.

IMG_0125.jpg

Was that all the garbage that was collected that ONE day???? OMG!!!

Seth

These go to 11
Was that all the garbage that was collected that ONE day???? OMG!!!

You can't even see the 20 bags behind everyone. And yes that is one day.

Sara (that was her name I think) that was doing the recycle sorting suggested that we do a mid-day walk through next year. Her point being that the crowd mentality might be broke if they see other people picking up their trash.