electric winch motor..

nate__82

The Mighty Green
i have a ramsey 8000 winch but doesnt work. i have taken it appart and gone through it all but the elecrtic motor was all rusted up and in not too great of condition. i cleaned it all and put it back together, but it only had enough power to bearly get the cable back in. does anybody know how or know anyone that is good a rebuilding electric motors? i need to get this done while my jeep is down for a bit..

nate__82

The Mighty Green
JeeperG said:
I hear WARN has good winches :D
i have heard the same thing.. and experienced it too:D but the problem is i am a poor college student who just rolled his jeep in moab, so i have to pay for much more than a new winch right now..:-\ im just looking to get this one re-built.

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
You can just take the motor to an electric motor place and have it worked over or replaced, too. I'd think Henstrom's would do a good job, or maybe Diamond Electric....

nate__82

The Mighty Green
I Lean said:
You can just take the motor to an electric motor place and have it worked over or replaced, too. I'd think Henstrom's would do a good job, or maybe Diamond Electric....

sweet thanks guys.. where are these places at? (besides teraflex plus)

ALF

SURE!?
More than likely your motor is BER beyond economical repair. There are tons of fly by night motor repair shops in town as well as some good ones as well but based on the size of the motor its most likely more costly to repair than replace. I do this stuff all day long but usually on a larger scale I don't even bother sending little motor like this out even for tear down and inspection. Start calling around for a new one and if you have problems finding a replacement let me know and I can point you in the right direction.;) There are a few shops that come to mind that may be able to fix it but its a crap shoot:confused:

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
nate__82 said:
sweet thanks guys.. where are these places at? (besides teraflex plus)

Henstrom's is on 3300 S just West of State somewhere, Diamond is on 300 W close to 1800 S.

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
I Lean said:
Henstrom's is on 3300 S just West of State somewhere, Diamond is on 300 W close to 1800 S.

Henstroms is actually east of state around 3-500 east on the north side of the street, they should be able to handle that no probelm they have done every starter or Alternator I ever neeeded, or parts

nate__82

The Mighty Green
yeah... i have been through it i dont know how many times... but stuff happens i guess. just glad nobody was hurt. the jeep is facing the way we came down. it completely rolled over. quite the fun ride! good excuse to build a full cage, tube fenders, etc.
DSCF8607.jpg