Electrical Question

Rock Hound!

ROK JNKY
I have a 99 TJ and plan on fabbing flat fenders and want to move the front turn signal underneath the headlight with an aftermarket light. Question is why is there three wires going to the front signal and only two to the side signal? Both work as running lights and signals. I have only found two wire aftermarket lights. Just not sure if it would work for the front.. Thanks for any help

BCGPER

Starting Another Thread
Fronts are a park and turn combination, and the side markers are just a park. You'll need the three wire for the front, and just two wires on the side marker.

Jesser04

The lights on your flare don't flash that's why there is only 2 wires. You will need to find a amber light with 3 wires. I would check fleet lite there on about 17th s. and redwood

(what he said^)

Last edited:

Rock Hound!

ROK JNKY
I get it, both work as park and turn, just the front has a continues light while flashing. So i would think a two wire would work up front just would not have the continues light when the turn signal is on. That should pass safety??

BCGPER

Starting Another Thread
I think you'll need park and turn up front to be legal, but that one may just slip under the radar.

I get it, both work as park and turn, just the front has a continues light while flashing. So i would think a two wire would work up front just would not have the continues light when the turn signal is on. That should pass safety??