• Side-Jobs Forum Rules:
    • No requests related to 4x4, offroad, or any services already provided by vendors who support RME and make this site possible. If you are seeking these types of services, please post in a General 4x4 or another approriate forum.
    • No requests related to morally questionable or illegal activities
    • Any requests here may be removed at any time at the discretion of the moderators

Electrical Work Needed

clfrnacwby

Recovery Addict
I only had 1 - dedicated 20A plug in the garage and now it's being used by an extra refrigerator. I would like to get a couple more dedicated 20A plugs (for welder and compressor) as well as a 220v outlet for future use. Problem is, the breaker panel for the house is located in the basement, which is all finished...so I'm assuming we can't pull wire from there. And, the outside panel is on the other side of the house. I was thinking I could come off the main panel outside, bury wires underground into the garage and have another breaker panel there to service just itself. Is this possible? Is there someone savvy in this area that might be looking for some work?

I'm out in Eagle Mountain (West of Utah Lake).

Andrew 801.376.1191 (call/text)

ricsrx

what about pulling off the mains and going up to the attic and droping down into the garage with your sub panel?
does your meter base have main breakers in its panel and is thier any room for a spare breaker?

clfrnacwby

Recovery Addict
Looks like there is plenty of room. I suppose I could run it through the attic but I'll leave that up to the experts...electricity scares me...:eek:

IMG_0650.jpg

TurboMinivan

Still plays with cars
I'll leave that up to the experts...electricity scares me...:eek:

This is a good thing. A good friend of mine often repeats the following mantra (usually referring to power tools, but also applicable in a general sense):

"Air is our friend. Electricity is to be feared and respected."

clfrnacwby

Recovery Addict
I have a split-level house so that might make the attic run a little more tricky. I have an attic on the main panel side, but above the garage is a second story.

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(
the underground route would be the best... you can use pvc pipe the whole length. I could come out on saturday or sundays and help I am a licensed electrician....

frieed

Jeepless in Draper
Supporting Member
Yeah, second story makes that a lot tougher. I'd go the dig-it route then but I still recommend a full 100A panel. Some day you'll want that bigger welder, bigger air compressor, etc.

While you have a trench open, do you have easy access to a gas line in the garage? If not, now it the time to put it in.

Last edited: