ELKO NEVADA

brikar

Recently Peterson Mag did a story on Broken Bones out in Elko. A few years ago during the Ultimate Adventure they ran a trail called Gas Tank Alley...Does anyone on this site know anything about these trails or others out there? The Bangin Bones 4x4 club cancelled this years Wild Weekend event over Memorial day. I have tried contacting the club but have not received any important information as to where the trail location is? Who owns the property? Are their restrictions? Loop or spur? I have run into some Bangin Bones members before out on the Rubicon and they were way friendly so i am a little surprised for the lack of information for these trails that have been publized in national mags. Anyone with some info? thanks

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(
The trails are in the ruby mountains just southeast of town... I read an article many years ago about that trip... I was in elko at the time and tried to get over there but never could get the time... I think of you go to the magazines website and use their search you can find the article and it gives directions on how to get there....