Emissions in Utah!

My-yota

E-bays #1 customer
Ok I'm from Utah orginally, but I moved to Texas because of the military, I'm currently in Iraq serving Operation Iraqi Freedom. I will be finishing this up soon and will be returning to Utah after I get out of the Army.
The wonderful thing about Texas, is there isn't any emissions laws!:)
My Jeep has a 383 tuned port induction it came from a 92 corvette, it's a 93 yj. It's been a while since Iv'e beeen in Utah, what is the changes in the emission, in any? I hope to drive this still when I move up there.
Any comments; suggestions would help.

How much you wanna bet Ilean, or badger will reply first?
They seem to be on top of things around here!!!:cool:

P.S I did a search on the net and couldn't find anything good to look at.

My-yota

E-bays #1 customer
Ok I just found out that the engine has to be the same year or newer then the chassis. Is that right. Unfortunately I'll be in Davis County though:mad:
I hear they are the worst at emissions.:eek:

Meat_

Banned
My-yota said:
Ok I'm from Utah orginally, but I moved to Texas because of the military, I'm currently in Iraq serving Operation Iraqi Freedom. I will be finishing this up soon and will be returning to Utah after I get out of the Army.
The wonderful thing about Texas, is there isn't any emissions laws!:)
My Jeep has a 383 tuned port induction it came from a 92 corvette, it's a 93 yj. It's been a while since Iv'e beeen in Utah, what is the changes in the emission, in any? I hope to drive this still when I move up there.
Any comments; suggestions would help.

How much you wanna bet Ilean, or badger will reply first?
They seem to be on top of things around here!!!:cool:

P.S I did a search on the net and couldn't find anything good to look at.

I *think* you can throw some money at them and get a variance, then it just has to pass the standards for the year of your rig.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
You can get a variance from the county emissions. You will have to get it tested by the county. We did this with my brother's Jeep. It was pretty painless.